Desperate for some new stuff

ThrashizFTW!

Lover of herb and music
Apr 11, 2010
Texas
www.myspace.com
So, I'm sure that this question has been asked thousands of times before and I know I'm going to get flamed for this but, can you guys please let me in on some bad ass music?

I'm getting sick of listening to the same stuff i.e Slayer, Megadeth, Exodus, Darkthrone, Gorgoroth(though i never get tired of them), and many more.

Maybe enlighten my knowledge about the rest of the Metal sub-genres? I've been hearing a lot of talk about Melodic Death Metal bands and Folklore Metal? Something around that area.

Just give me some options, I assure you guys that I will check every single thing that you want me to try.

Everything is appreciated, Thanks.:worship:

This might be better off being moved to the band rec forum...

But... as far as other metal sub genre's... here's a few random ones

Melodic death metal
Hypocrisy - The Fourth Dimension

Brutal death metal
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten

Power metal
Hibria - Defying the Rules
Kiuas - The Spirit of Ukko

Stoner
Alabama Thunderpussy - Constellation

Sludge
EyeHateGod - In the Name of Suffering

I'm definitely liking both the Melodic death and Brutal. As for Power metal, It's fine but not as heavy as i expected. Guess the power is a misconception.

I'm not really feeling the other two, but thanks a bunch man. Opened some new doors.

Tad Morose are another good one to check out for power metal. They're pretty damn heavy, although if Kiuas weren't heavy enough they're probably not gonna impress in that regard. Amazing band, though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HNOgz9xaLA&feature=related[/ame]

Anyhow, how much do you know with regards to melodic death metal? That's one of my favorite genres and I'd be happy to throw some stuff at you.

Also, for more folk metal, check out Skyclad:

(gay AMV is all there is on youtube)
Probably not as heavy as you're looking for, but a great band.

You could also try some jolly folk. Ensiferum:

But they're basically a worse version of Wintersun, who are somewhere between jollyfolk, melodic death metal, and power metal:

Same vocalist.

Also, while folk metal is on the table I have to throw down my favorite song ever:

Elvenking's first album is some quality power/folk, I sense that you're looking for some heavier stuff though:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got to admit, that's some good stuff, and I'm liking it.

Ever heard of Altaria? Power metal band as well, a damn good one. I'd recommend Crucifix. Anyways, yeah I'm really liking Tad Morose as well.

Hmm, Dimmu Borgir, Amon Amarth, Arch enemy, Children Of Bodom, Gojira, Illnath, Necrophagist, Scar Symmetry, if your just exploring the genre i would reccomend any of those, Dimmu Borgir, COB, and Scar Symmetry are my personal favorites.

Sup, try Warfare's Mayhem Fuckin' Mayhem, it's a gem. :)
And try Excoriate's On Pestilent Winds and Aspid's Extravasation

If you smoke weed and enjoy being in the forest then listen to AGALLOCH while you smoke weed and ejoy being in the forest.

give u better recs later in a hurry right naw.

if you smoke weed and enjoy being in the forest, listen to Acid King as well.

If you smoke weed and enjoy being in the forest then listen to fucking Shulman

Some great viking/folk stuff

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szA--sHEvdo&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be better off being moved to the band rec forum...

But... as far as other metal sub genre's... here's a few random ones

Melodic death metal
Hypocrisy - The Fourth Dimension

Brutal death metal
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten

Power metal
Hibria - Defying the Rules
Kiuas - The Spirit of Ukko

Stoner
Alabama Thunderpussy - Constellation

Sludge
EyeHateGod - In the Name of Suffering

The Fourth Dimension isn't one of their melo-death albums.