DevilDriver

I saw them live once and they were awful, although they were better than Dark Tranquility that same night. Neither were as good as the headlining Opeth, and I'm not much of an Opeth fan.

I saw them when they were touring with Opeth and Moonspell a few years ago. Wasn't impressed but I do agree it's better than their studio work. Nice stage presence and energy, I suppose.

Devildriver is in the list o the bands I like. But the more you listen to this project's material the more it annoys you.

I like this band quite a lot.

Also... they are not fucking metalcore. =|

Dez has only done that clear voice shit maybe once or twice on the previous album... and even then, it was more like spoken word. As far as their song flow goes, technically they don't fall prey to any of the stereotypes of the metalcore style.

It's thrash/groove basically. They manage to stand out, I just wish their lyrics were better. Their most recent album is definitely their best.

I think The Fury Of Our Makers Hand was a fucking great album, the newest one wasn't bad either, just too metalcore. Still, a great band if we ignore the fact that the singer was part of coal chamber once.

They're basically groove metal or half-thrash. Not too much metalcore, I believe they have those accentuated breakdowns which usually typify metalcore though. HOWEVER, people need to stop thinking of that term as an insult; it's a legitimate (if stale) genre of music.