Devotion Plus

Pharaoh

Oct 16, 2002
LITITZ, PA
Visit site
I've been to other forums and have been a fan of other bands through the years, but I have NEVER seen devotion like with Symphony X fans. I wonder if the guys know the level of this. SymX fans are very cool people...honesty, no bulls***, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

My son's guitarist buddy is here and the whole family. We opened the doors, cranked the stereo, and turned the neighborhood on to DWOT this evening. When the cops show up, we'll turn them on to "V". Welcome to summer, people. :p

Yeah, I know i'm cool :D j/k hehe. I would also like to add that lately this forum has been one of the most agitated forums I've ever visited :eek:

I think that a lot of the devotion to Symphony X comes from the way the band members treat their fans. Just having incredible music wouldn't make the connection that I see between fans and the band.

if Symphony X knew how devoted i was to them as a band they would either be very flattered or very frightened.. lol.. for me to even be posting on this site..and everyday almost.. speaks loudly for how much i love the music..i dont post on other sites, and unless i find another band that means as much to me as this one does..i wont be..

Darn, I wish my neighbors were as cool as you guys. :lol:

I know of practically a few people who listen to Symphony X, or to progressive rock/metal for that matter. Those people happen to be the folks at the music store where I got my drumset, so that means the persons who know this group(as far as where I live is concerned) are musicians as well. But it's ok.

SilentRealm said:
if Symphony X knew how devoted i was to them as a band they would either be very flattered or very frightened.. lol..

That's funny!
Man, what a thought....a development of homes just for SymX fans!
If I was a real estate developer, I could run with this one. hehe

Most of our neighbors don't bother with each other. They tolerate my son's drumming and an "occassional" eve like last evening with loud music. We tolerate their loud pool parties and bar-b-ques. Wish we could have a Symphony X party and invite you all (AND the neighbors we don't know!!!)

Pharoah said:
That's funny!

Most of our neighbors don't bother with each other. They tolerate my son's drumming and an "occassional" eve like last evening with loud music. We tolerate their loud pool parties and bar-b-ques. Wish we could have a Symphony X party and invite you all (AND the neighbors we don't know!!!)

The Symphony X commune! :)

SilentRealm said:
if Symphony X knew how devoted i was to them as a band they would either be very flattered or very frightened.. lol.. for me to even be posting on this site..and everyday almost.. speaks loudly for how much i love the music..i dont post on other sites, and unless i find another band that means as much to me as this one does..i wont be..

I'm with you SilentRealm. Everyone I know thinks I'm crazy because of how much I love SymX. And this is the only forum I ever go to, and even when it gets crazy here like it has this past week, you all are still some of my favorite people. :wave:

Pharoah said:
That's funny!

I've thought about this, just a giant metal community, where theres one giant cd store with every metal cd, and a kick ass venue that every band comes to, and the whole neighborhood goes to every concert. That would rule.

my devotion to symphony x was to hassle the cd stores to have more of their albums...
but they don't really need me to do that any more. there was a time though..i was just feeling that they were such a great band and it was making me mad to see them so grossly underappreciated...
but people caught on...that's awesome

anyway i stopped being devoted to bands really...

right on metal chick.. i feel the same about everyone who posts here.. and slowly but surely i am makin some cool friends to talk to on pager..i like the idea of a SyX commune btw lol..

SilentRealm said:
if Symphony X knew how devoted i was to them as a band they would either be very flattered or very frightened..

It's kind of like we're a big group of stalkers...
loco.gif

Kudos to you, Pharoah, for coming up with the idea of a commune for Symphony X fans. :lol:

I was listening to "Evolution" last night when my cousin overheard me and said, "Hey, is that Dream Theater?" I thoroughly resisted the urge to clobber the living daylights out of his rear-end. On the plus side, I got him to listen to Symphony X! :D

Hyoukinmono said:
I think that a lot of the devotion to Symphony X comes from the way the band members treat their fans. Just having incredible music wouldn't make the connection that I see between fans and the band.

I would have to agree with that. I've met the band a few times on their NYC tour -----and they are always very cool. Michael and Russ are really nice. They were so nice at the Lamoure show in Brooklyn--it was packed and they still saved time to talk to us outside the VIP lounge. We saw their wives (who were probably sick of us waiting outside) but they still had time to meet us. I think they are very aware of the fact that we are "true fans". Russ even invited one of the guys I was with to come inside the VIP lounge for a autograph. (Lucky guy)! :Spin: Come Back Soon Guys! :hotjump:

This is a really cool forum. I once went to a slipknot forum (out of curiosity)
It was so immature! the thread was about In Flames and they were like "D00d th0y suk d0g b00ls! g0 b0ck t0 yor grandm0s arse were U bel0ong U fukan n00b!!!."
Pretty sad isn't it...