DFH Superior 2.0...yowzaassss

chadsxe

Super Rad Member
Dec 13, 2005
So it has been know for a while that Superior would be getting a major overhaul and badged 2.0. Me personally I am chomping at the bit for info. With that said this just in....

- DFH Superior 1.0 will be discontinued form sales but will be supported fully by ToonTracks for a long time to come. Meaning if you go online at this moment you will notice retailers pulling it off shelves.

- DFH Superior 2.0 will feature a "100% new sound library". Holy shit this could be awesome

- Word is the bubble we be fully burst next week with ToonTracks pulling back the covers on 2.0

I am sooooooooooooo freaking excited.

Regards

Fuck yeah! I've been waiting for this... will be buying it right away!

Hell yeah...the second its available I am pushing the "add to cart" button followed by a quick "checkout"....

Where are you seeing this info? Is there a discounted upgrade price for registered owners of v1?

So it has been know for a while that Superior would be getting a major overhaul and badged 2.0. Me personally I am chomping at the bit for info. With that said this just in....

- DFH Superior 1.0 will be discontinued form sales but will be supported fully by ToonTracks for a long time to come. Meaning if you go online at this moment you will notice retailers pulling it off shelves.

- DFH Superior 2.0 will feature a "100% new sound library". Holy shit this could be awesome

- Word is the bubble we be fully burst next week with ToonTracks pulling back the covers on 2.0

I am sooooooooooooo freaking excited.

Regards

Hope it's better - I might make the upgrade. Hated DFHS 1.0 myself, and I haven't liked the sound of it on anybody's records (Devin Townsend, Meshuggah, etc.)

From Toontrack forum:

"1) I was wondering when you guys will officially unveil the product. I heard next week possibly.

Within the coming weeks.

2) Is it true that 2.0 will have a completely new sound library?

Yes.

3) Are 1.0 and 2.0 completely different products and will not be compatible with each other’s libraries?

They will be compatible with each other libraries.

All the best,

Andreas/Toontrack"

Loved DFHS but the Custom and Vintage set is outstanding as well. I generally use the DFHS kicks and toms and the C&V snares and cymbals. I hope this time around there's more options with the room and overhead mics.

hopefully it's going to support better cymbal rolls and everything else that's about cymbals because I really dislike them on DFHS1.

From Toontrack forum:

"1) I was wondering when you guys will officially unveil the product. I heard next week possibly.

Within the coming weeks.

2) Is it true that 2.0 will have a completely new sound library?

Yes.

3) Are 1.0 and 2.0 completely different products and will not be compatible with each other’s libraries?

They will be compatible with each other libraries.

All the best,

Andreas/Toontrack"

Hahaha...yeah that my post over at the forums. There are a few other cryptic messages in a couple of other posts. Hence how I found out DFH Superior 1 was going to be not sold anymore. One awesome thing is that according to Andreas's response to my thread the old lib will be backwards compatable with the new lib.

Where are you seeing this info? Is there a discounted upgrade price for registered owners of v1?

Look above at the responses I got in the toontrack forums. Also if you go over to Musician's Friend you will see they are no longer selling V1

Just for clarafication Andreas at Toontrack has said the 1.0 lib will work with the 2.0 engine but the 2.0 lib will not work with the 1.0 engine.

My only gripes with DFHS have been the inability to do a very convincing roll or swell on the cymbals. Hopefully that will be addressed somehow.

I'm definitely excited about the upgrade!