DFH2 + soldano vst/roadster/tsl100

Calippo Tecks

Feb 6, 2005
Belgium
Hi,
I'm quite new to recordings but I was messing around a bit and ask for your opinion on some files:
1) Soldano vst, some vst of a soldano head was posted here and I used it. Dry guitar recordings through my Fast Track Pro. After that the soldano signal went through "ourcabinetsimulator".
2) Marshall TSL, Recorded my head straight through a behringer 412 cab(sm57). (Framus Dragon cab is already ordered and probably arrives this week:saint:)
3) Mesa Boogie Roadster, recorded the output and used "ourcabinetsimulator".

I used the standard EQ in Cubase and put the multiband compressor after the cabsimulators (as last in row, except for the TSL recordings ofcourse). I still don't really understand how it works but I just messed with it (the multiband compressing).

I think I used my Ibanez JEM for all the recordings or my Peavey V-Type, can't remember...

My own opinion: I like the roadster and ALL file the most. I'm afraid it's all a bit too crispy especially for use with songs that contain keyboards that I will work on in the future.

The URL: http://users.telenet.be/theguardian/files/

Greetings

I really can't tell the difference between the mesa and soldano. Well, actually I can, but nothing big. Good job.