DHF2 Help

Mandoll/Mendeldarm aka Bloodline used to work a lot with DFH2 i believe... PM him maybe?

Otherwise toontrack.com is always a great help.

toontrack doesnt own dfh2 thought, its east west and i havent gotten a reply from them yet.

Oh sorry dude.. did not know that.. weird that you are getting no replies.
Normally i get a reply within a few days, but that was on the latest VSTi's i bought from them, pehaps you should try calling them?

No combo of any notes are working for me. I think I may just be retarded... :zombie:

I just tried this in Reaper with DFH2 and had no problems. There are 2 ways to set the velocity, that I know. First, there is a small horizontal line on the midi note (defaults near the top). If you hover your mouse over it, you'll get a drag cursor (up/down arrow). That is your velocity bar. Move it all the way to the bottom...that equals 1. The other way is to right-click the not and set the velocity in the Properties window.

If you are already doing that, then...crap. I have no idea what's happening. Did you load the DFH2 patch? It's been out for a long time, but that's another thing to consider.

Also, there are a number of little bars at the bottom of the MIDI editor that set the velocity. Select the note and it should be highlighted, drag up and down.

Jeff

I never use a drum map, just the normal midi editing shiz

The choked version of each cymbal is always right next to the main cymbal :s maybe it's laid out differently in the drum map but I never have to worry about changing velocity for chokes

Here's what the manual says for the cymbals
DFH2 Manual said:
G1 Crash 1 Hard Cycling at 127 + Mute at Velocity 1
A1 Crash 2 Hard Cycling at 127 + Mute at Velocity 1
B1 Crash 3 Hard Cycling at 127 + Mute at Velocity 1
C2 Crash 4 Hard Cycling at 127 + Mute at Velocity 1
D2 Crash 5 Hard Cycling at 127 + Mute at Velocity 1

Well I got an email back from east west and the guy says that DFH2 doesnt have choking capabilities. So yeah....:mad:

WHAT??? They don't even know their own products. :( That's crappy service.

If you need some wav choke samples, just let me know...it would take me all of 5 minutes. Plus, I'll use DFH2 :)

You can automate Kontakt's envelope to get a choke.

But there's better sounding more complicated way. I use DHF1 with Battery and get the choke like this: I made a new sample by cutting a decay part of the crash sample and put it on free note. Then put new sample and that crash on same mute group. That way you can choke the crash with that note on any length you want and you get perfect sound of choked cymbal (held by hand) from it's decay. I'm sure you can do something like that in Kontakt, too.