Diablo 2

MarkG

Feb 15, 2009
Netherlands
Anyone here play this game? I locked it away a few years ago, hoping I would never be consumed by its grasp again. Unfortunately, I just found it again and I couldn't resist installing it.

Installing now...curse my gaming addiction :cry:

I just found it again and I couldn't resist installing it.

Installing now...curse my gaming addiction :cry:
That happened to me several times both with Diablo 2 and Starcraft. I think I finally managed to quit playing these games. Until Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 come out :rolleyes:

people dont understand. D2 is more addictive than meth.

just dont start. dont ever start.

you will lose years. i repeat years of your life to this game.

people dont understand. D2 is more addictive than meth.

just dont start. dont ever start.

you will lose years. i repeat years of your life to this game.

It was given to me as a present... I haven't dared to touch it... there are few things in life I'm still afraid of... H, SLO 100, D2.

Actually, I lied about one of those... :err:

I registered my keys in that new blizzard system. Got the normal + expansion, but never was really addicted to it...

New system? I lost my D2 copy, but I do have LOD. However, I can't play online now because I need both copies legit.

oh shit! there's a diablo 3?!? oh man, i wish i hadnt just read that. i havent played a video game in years... that might just change now

This game was good, but after long enough, I managed to get sick of it.

Few years later I now spend too much time on this forum anyway...so I might has well have kept on going with D2 :p

Yeah, truthfully, I got as far as the swamp chapter before I just got utterly bored and disillusioned with how meaninglessly repetitive it all was, so I bailed (this was back in like '02)

I think I had a 80+ level Barbarian and Druid, as for the rest of the classes I had one of each around level 60 . I had most fun in the beginning, though, playing with my friends in cooperative for the first time. Once I had a new character and I made them open the portals for the quests and fight the boses, so I ended up fighting Diablo while I was level 13. He would kill me with a single blow and then I'd be struggling to break the bones around the portal trying to get to my corpse. Fun times :devil:

Anyone ever play Sacred? It's the same style as Diablo, but came out in 2004 and was highly acclaimed. I've been wanting to play it for a while, and I ran across it yesterday at 1/2 Price Books for $6. There goes my weekend! :wave:

Sacred? Hm, haven't heard of that one, I'll check it out.

I played D1 and D2 (+ LOD) all the way through with every character except the Druid and Necromancer... oh the glory days of being in school and having so much time... *sigh*
And ever since it has been announced I'm totally stoked for Diablo 3. Fortunately, I will change to 4-day week (parttime) starting June, so when that one comes out, I'll be prepared! :D

I was a Necromancer.
Actually I play WoW...and I think it's much more dangerous for social life :) expecialy because you don't play alone but with lot of people and you never finish the game