Diabolical Masquerade...

Black Tears

Still in the Dark
Sep 27, 2003
Naples
I'm a new fan of DM...I ordered Phantom Lodge and Nightwork...would anyone recommend Death's Design? And if so...which version, the Olympic Records version or the Avant Garde version...

I really like that one....its a little different that the others since its a soundtrack...lot of 25 second soundtracky stuff in there...but I really enjoy it.
I would recommend that you get the original release (Avantgarde)...you cant have too much original shit ya know......

Deliverance6 said:
I really like that one....its a little different that the others since its a soundtrack...lot of 25 second soundtracky stuff in there...but I really enjoy it.
I would recommend that you get the original release (Avantgarde)...you cant have too much original shit ya know......

phew...good thing i chose right :D

nope found it while looking for ideas for an album cover. I have 0 artistic talent- my brother is the artistic one, I'm the musical one hehe.

Death's Acre said:
nope found it while looking for ideas for an album cover. I have 0 artistic talent- my brother is the artistic one, I'm the musical one hehe.

hahaha i was just gonna say...that'd make some kickass coverart

Yea, definitely get Death's Dsesign as well. I, like others, feel it's probably the best DM album. As for which pressing, whichever is easiest to obtain i would say. I have the Avantgarde one, jewel case but mine did come with the poster that the digipak came with as well. I think mine was an accident since i've never heard of anyone else getting a poster with the Jewel case version. I could be wrong though.

Carbonized said:
Yea, definitely get Death's Dsesign as well. I, like others, feel it's probably the best DM album. As for which pressing, whichever is easiest to obtain i would say. I have the Avantgarde one, jewel case but mine did come with the poster that the digipak came with as well. I think mine was an accident since i've never heard of anyone else getting a poster with the Jewel case version. I could be wrong though.

well, centurymedia.com has both versions for the same price, thats why i asked

Black Tears said:
well, centurymedia.com has both versions for the same price, thats why i asked
Avantgarde then, Olympic i never really cared for as a company. But that's just me :D

Deliverance6 said:

It's funny that you say that. I think it was all a bit of a publicity stunt (saying it was a soundtrack). Perhaps Blakkheim's way of "experimenting" with the orchestra and making people keep an open-mind towards it by saying it was going to be a soundtrack. Who knows.

Also, if you want to not be annoyed by all the tracks, just put the movements into individual tracks and you'll have complete songs as tracks.

Carbonized said:
'death's design' in jewel case with the poster is the re-print on avantgarde as they wanted to swap to jewel case from digipack, altho ironically 'nightwork' has also been repressed in...err... yes... digipack!! however, without the embossed logo/title.

Black Tears said:
I'm a new fan of DM...I ordered Phantom Lodge and Nightwork...would anyone recommend Death's Design? And if so...which version, the Olympic Records version or the Avant Garde version...

Death's Design is good, but Nightwork for me is better !!!!

Jinn said:
speakin of Nightwork, Anders, buddy, we still have a deal concerning Nightwork's lyrics? :)
yeah, i came to an halt. i found a couple of lyrics, but most of it is gone with the spirits. i have to listen them out myself, which will be confusing, because i dont even remember how to play the riffs or how the songs go, so 'nightwork' has become like, someone else's band! and i'm degraded to a position where u step out of yer body and behold whats happenin from a distance. kool!

Blakkheim said:
yeah, i came to an halt. i found a couple of lyrics, but most of it is gone with the spirits. i have to listen them out myself, which will be confusing, because i dont even remember how to play the riffs or how the songs go, so 'nightwork' has become like, someone else's band! and i'm degraded to a position where u step out of yer body and behold whats happenin from a distance. kool!

uh.... i was shocked how can a man can forget his material? because of creating millons of them? can it be an excuse?

BTW Death's design best album ever! I was looking for a better one but it is dead now! is it impossible to ressurect it in the future?

What can change the nature of a man?

a) love
b) hatred
c) regret
d) fear
e) longing
f) loss
g) greed
h) jealousy
i) passion
j) obsession

Wanderer said:
uh.... i was shocked how can a man can forget his material? because of creating millons of them? can it be an excuse?

I have forgotten all the shit I played a couple years ago.....you just end up moving on and if you dont keep playing it on a fairly regular basis you eventually will forget......

haha, alright, how about this:
Post the lyrics ya got and I'll take my signature down - for good.

Oh, and one request: any chance you and the crew at Katatonia could maybe produce a few medium Katatonia tshirts for your smaller fans? :)

Thanks anders!