Dianno On Saturday

Black Lagoon

Apr 24, 2001
Cornwall, England
Visit site
What can I say apart from the man is awesome.
With a set containing
The Beast Arises
Marshall Lockjaw
Sanctuary
Murders in the Rue Morgue
Prowler
Running Free
Remember Tomorrow
Wrathchild
Killers
Phantom of the Opera
he could do no wrong really.

Where the fuck was Pax though? Didn't see one person with a carnation in there hair all night!

I was there Black Lagoon! I got to the Worlds end pub at 7pm and it was heaving! I looked around for you Nige but couldn't see you.

As you say it was a bloody good gig. I really enjoyed it despite feeling like s**t thanks to a cold. And also no thanks to a bunch of right tossers down by the front by the stage. I'm 5'8 and was standing about 3 feet away from the front of the stage when a bunch of tossers who are about 6ft pushed past me and sood right in front of me! Then one of them turned around to everyone behind them and say's "we have rules about standing at the front". I then knew it was time to go and stand with a bunch of people with more then 1 brain cell between them. I have to say that in over 20 years of going to gigs I have never met a bigger bunch of w****rs in my life.

I didn't see all of Zodiac mindwarps set but thought they were pretty good, and that was a good cover of Thin Lizzy's 'Rocker'. Who is the guitarist? He is bloody superb!

I got into the Worlds End at about 6:45 and spent most of the time I was in there talking to Cliff Evans.
In the venue I was stood on the balcony railing bit next to the sound desk. If you were at the front did you have Paul bouncing above your head then, when he was dragged in the crowd?

I got in the venue early to check out Hurricane Party (the first band) and they were excellent. Kinda like the Black Crowes/Zeppelin/Reef. One of the best supports I've seen for years.
Zodiac Mindwarp and the Pub Reactions guitarist goes by the name of Colbalt Stargazer. Good guitarist he is to.

Your not gonna believe this Nige but after I moved from being down by the front, I stood by the stairs which are next to the mixing desk! And during what I saw of Zodiac Mindwarp I was standing on the balcony leaning on the mixing desk!

Cliff Evans? Wasn't he in Tank for a while?