Did Anthrax overdub parts on NFV?

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
Was watching it for the first time in ages the other day, and during NFL at the end of Dan's lead, I noticed Scott on stage clearly not playing his guitar, yet the main riff was still to be heard.

I didn't realise they must've done a fair bit of overdubbing(?).

yeah i think i read somewhere they mixed it with original master,it sure sounds like it,only joeys vocals have been left pretty untouched,the music is way overdone

I know most "live albums" are usually retouched in the studio. I'm sure that NFV has the same, there are next to noo fuck ups (if any) and I'm not underestimating Anthrax live but it couldn't be THAT perfect throughout. I have a lot of bootlegs and there's ALWAYS some little thing here or there.

I never understood how they do live album overdubs... I mean, matching the sound must be soo hard to get right without being obvious.

Anyway, NFV rocks

I love the bit in NFV when Charlie gets cracked over the head with Franks microphone during I'm The Man, hahahaha

Yeah and the bit during I'm the Man as well when Scott tries to grab hold of that camera 'crane' and it starts to lift him up off the stage.

The look on his face for that split second when he thinks that maybe he'll do it some damage is priceless!!!!! :lol:

God, I wore that video out when I was 13. Watched it religiously every day for about 3 months. That video made me want to get a guitar and just THRASH!!!!!!

.....Which I did.

a guy that i worked with a long time ago said he saw someone playing a guitar backstage while they were onstage playing live. has anyone ever hear of them doing this????

he's always there, next to the keyboardplayer!!!!

Yeah! Anthrax hid the Children of Bodom-synth very well, you can barely hear them in "Only" and "Cupajoe".

The worst playback gig I´ve even seen was Misfits back in 98 I think... they were hiting their instruments and still we heard a perfect song. Cunts.

a guy that i worked with a long time ago said he saw someone playing a guitar backstage while they were onstage playing live. has anyone ever hear of them doing this????
Is it true?? I don't think that's true.