Did anybody sponsor?

Dec 16, 2002
www.facebook.com
I thought with sponsorships happening this year some folks would step up, and help secure some awesome bands. It didn't happen, so I'm guessing sponsorship was low.

I did not sponsor .. considered it, but didn't like the chances of seeing my money going toward a band I really wanted to see. I thought about putting some dough toward Persuader, but I passed on it. $500 is the max I would ever pay, and for that kind of money it would have to be for a very personal favorite band.

I'm torn with the whole idea of sponsorships anyway .. I can see both sides of it, but when it comes down to it I guess I have bigger priorities. I realize promoters could use any break they can get financially, but I also don't necessarily think it's the fans responsibilty to foot the bill.

So, who sponsored which band ... anyone?

Britt

I sponsored Testament with no hesitation! They are, and have always been, my favorite thrash band and I figured this was a once in a life time thing to do. My cousin HeavenlyCall is right along with me on this one!! I am counting down the days!!! METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

I sponsored Testament with no hesitation! They are, and have always been, my favorite thrash band and I figured this was a once in a life time thing to do. My cousin HeavenlyCall is right along with me on this one!! I am counting down the days!!! METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:
I think something like that is worth some sponsorship dollars .... money well spent in your case.

I really wanted to see Primordial ... I was going to get involved with a collection that was going on at the RC (royal Carnage) board at Ultimate Metal, but Rob made mention of the fact that the tried to get them, but they were unavaialbe so that killed that.

Amorphis was someone I wanted to sponsor, but Chris Lotesto said early on that they were not available to make the fest. Luckily, and suprisingly Prog Power snagged them .. save me money, and made me happy all in one move.

Britt

I put in a sponsorship, but not for any band in particular - I just told them to put it where they thought it was most needed. I don't know if I'm now a sponsor for a band or just an all around sugar daddy.

Ken

I put in a sponsorship, but not for any band in particular - I just told them to put it where they thought it was most needed. I don't know if I'm now a sponsor for a band or just an all around sugar daddy.

Ken
Well, it was my understanding that if you did the $250 sponsorship it was more of a general festival deal that didn't go to any band in particular. As Bob would say .. make sure you get that VIP parking spot ;)

Britt

I sponsored Suidakra.

I have to say I never paid much attention to Powerfest before I heard that Suidakra had the possibility of playing there. I am traveling to Powerfest strictly for them. I am really excited to see Ensiferum also but I already knew they were going to be playing Seattle as well. I am also a big Testament and Iced Earth fan (well now I'm mostly just a Barlow fan) but I have seen them live before so they are the "bonus" bands for me.

Of course, now I will be seeing Suidakra in Seattle as well but I know it will be a much shorter set and it would not have happened if Powerfest had not opened the door for them to jump on a few dates of the Paganfest tour.

I would like to thank the promoters and those who are putting on Powerfest for bringing Suidakra to the US! I really wish Persuader could have made it as well, and I'd like to mention that I know the promoters did everything they could to try to get them here but it just was not enough. I just think people should understand that. Same with Horrorscope and Susperia.

One more thing...I know that Suidakra are fronting a lot of money themselves to be able to come to the US, so if there are any others that may decide to get one of the $500+ packages please consider contributing on their behalf. If you are interested in doing this you can contact "Squeak" at support@suidakra.com or via her myspace page at www.myspace.com/photomistress

I sponsored Suidakra.

I have to say I never paid much attention to Powerfest before I heard that Suidakra had the possibility of playing there. I am traveling to Powerfest strictly for them. I am really excited to see Ensiferum also but I already knew they were going to be playing Seattle as well. I am also a big Testament and Iced Earth fan (well now I'm mostly just a Barlow fan) but I have seen them live before so they are the "bonus" bands for me.

Of course, now I will be seeing Suidakra in Seattle as well but I know it will be a much shorter set and it would not have happened if Powerfest had not opened the door for them to jump on a few dates of the Paganfest tour.

I would like to thank the promoters and those who are putting on Powerfest for bringing Suidakra to the US! I really wish Persuader could have made it as well, and I'd like to mention that I know the promoters did everything they could to try to get them here but it just was not enough. I just think people should understand that. Same with Horrorscope and Susperia.

One more thing...I know that Suidakra are fronting a lot of money themselves to be able to come to the US, so if there are any others that may decide to get one of the $500+ packages please consider contributing on their behalf. If you are interested in doing this you can contact "Squeak" at support@suidakra.com or via her myspace page at www.myspace.com/photomistress

Thanks for the kind words, DH...much appreciated. Also, anyone who is still interested in sponsoring Suidakra can come directly to us now...we're handling all of that now.

Thanks agian & take care,
Rob

Well, it was my understanding that if you did the $250 sponsorship it was more of a general festival deal that didn't go to any band in particular.

That's not the one I did. I had the opportunity to choose a specific band, but I opted not to. I wasn't familiar enough with most of the bands in the running at the time, and I didn't want to choose randomly. So I figured CRJ would know best where to direct it. I believe it may have gone into the "keep 'em all drunk" food & beer budget :)

Ken

I sponsored Suidakra.

Suidakra are the main band that I am excited about right after Pagan Fest. been a fan of them for a very long time. It will be nice that they get some exposure here in the states.

I didn't sponsor due to a wedding coming up in 2009 - can't dig into the savings yet!

The news of Testament and Iced Earth was enough to get two tickets out of me, so I'm doing what I can to support the fest. I've never gone in the past, despite being local, but the headliners was enough for me. Not to mention the new 355 extension, which will make traveling from Lake County much easier!

I didn't sponsor due to a wedding coming up in 2009 - can't dig into the savings yet!

The news of Testament and Iced Earth was enough to get two tickets out of me, so I'm doing what I can to support the fest. I've never gone in the past, despite being local, but the headliners was enough for me. Not to mention the new 355 extension, which will make traveling from Lake County much easier!

good luck on your wedding....they are a major pain in the ass. Mine costed 25,000. Got divorced about 2 years later. Money well spent. damn.

I was in talks very early on about seeing if Turisas could play. I was interested in sponsoring them. It worked out that Pagan Fest hit. With my car issues....first it was the starter, now transmission....who knnows if I would have had the extra cash. damn car.