PP USA XI: Sponsorship Information (Update 7/5)

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
ProgPower USA XI's roster will be announced via video presentation immediately after Andre Matos this year. That means that I need to start narrowing down the list of potential bands and getting some deals done. As I have always said, this quality of the festival roster depends on the sponsorships from year to year. The rules remain the same:

*Email me at "glenn at progpowerusa dot com" with a list of bands that you would like to sponsor in order of preference with corresponding dollar amount. Highest bidder wins.
*You may have a lower band chosen from your list while another is assigned to a band that you listed higher. The reason this happens is that I may need help with that lower band than the higher band or that you were simply outbid for that band.
*Minimum bid per person is $500. Combined bids are acceptable.
*General sponsorship bids are accepted as well (meaning you don't care who you assigned to) and you are guaranteed to win.
*Winners are announced on the website as soon as we get the website updated after the festival (1-2 weeks).

As a sponsor, you are given VIP access. You can watch us set-up, watch the bands soundcheck, visit backstage and drink for free in the private bar/balcony with the bands. You also can watch the band you sponsor entire performance from inside of the stage barrier. Sponsors will also be allowed to use digital cameras next year regardless of the policy.

Your bid is legally binding and will be enforced. Failure to fulfill your obligation can put me in financial difficulty. Your payment is due in full by June 1st, 2010.

I have a 75% return rate on sponsors from year to year. They enjoy their experience that much. For a discussion on that, visit the following thread to get a perspective from the past:

A sponsorers perspective

I have a 75% return rate on sponsors from year to year. They enjoy their experience that much. For a discussion on that, visit the following thread to get a perspective from the past:

I say, if you're thinking about sponsoring, do it. After the VIP treatment last year, I found a way to do it again this year, even if I was a bit late. Get on this train if you've got the ability, you will not regret it. It's a whole different experience.

I'm sending in my first ever bid this year. I strongly doubt my picks are going to be PPUSA-friendly enough to win, but what the hell. :lol:

I'm sending in my first ever bid this year. I strongly doubt my picks are going to be PPUSA-friendly enough to win, but what the hell. :lol:

Like I just told Dave as we were discussing this over the phone, might as well throw it against the wall and see what sticks or run it up the pole and see if he salutes!

We've been kicking around ideas for which bands to consider for sponsership since we've learned the line up for this year's event, since we figured it would be close to this time of year when the call for bids goes out. Although, admittedly, this one is a little earlier than I recall in the past. I am guessing now that since he wants to announce next year's line-up as part of the show format, he needs to get something confirmed and preferably on paper before announcing it to the show's audience at large.

This year's event (PP USA X) will be Dave's and my first sponsership, so I am stoked as hell for this one! Flights booked, hotels booked, time off from work already put in, tickets for showcase already purchased and paid for. All I got to do now is wait for when the show begins!

(Combined bids are acceptable)

If I get together with somebody else and we do a open $500 bid , do we both get a VIP ticket? or how does it works?

(Combined bids are acceptable)

If I get together with somebody else and we do a open $500 bid , do we both get a VIP ticket? or how does it works?

I'm fairly certain it means that it's still $500/pp but if two people team up to make a list at $1000 they might be more likely to get their band in than the single person at $500.

Hey, so i'm a noob to this, but i'm very interested to see how this all works! I think sponsorship is a fantastic idea, and I hope to get involved. (if not this next year, sometime in the future)

Is there a way to find out who you forum members are interested in bringing over? I, like most of you, have a HUGE list of bands that I would pay $500.00 to see, but i'm sure some are pipe dreams (based on band costs, or the fact that I might be the only one interested in sponsoring, etc.)

Can I find out who you guys are interested in bringing over? Is it appropriate to post on this thread something like:

"I want to sponsor ______, does anyone else on here want to pitch in?"

Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, I cannot wait for Sabaton! I saw them at Wacken last year, and besides Avantasia, they were the highlight of the show. They are going to flat out DESTROY that stage!

Is there a way to find out who you forum members are interested in bringing over? I, like most of you, have a HUGE list of bands that I would pay $500.00 to see, but i'm sure some are pipe dreams (based on band costs, or the fact that I might be the only one interested in sponsoring, etc.)

Can I find out who you guys are interested in bringing over? Is it appropriate to post on this thread something like:

"I want to sponsor ______, does anyone else on here want to pitch in?"

Thanks in advance.

Hmm, good question, but.....

Two bits, four bits
Six bits, a dollar
All for Ayreon
Message me a holler!

:lol:

And no, I'm not kidding.

I would dearly love to sponsor one of my favorite bands at PPUSA sometime, whenever funds allow. Many thanks to all past and current band sponsors!