ProgPower USA XII: Sponsorship Information- LAST CALL B4 CLOSING

I've been a sponsor a number of times in the past, and I would be a sponsor indefinitely if my finances allowed for it. Seeing your favorite bands perform inches in front of you and being able to hang out with them afterward is a pretty amazing experience.

This sounds like such a sweet idea, but I can barely afford to make the trip period this year, I can't even imagine coughing up an extra three or four-hundred dollars, even with the awesome benefits you get.

This sounds like such a sweet idea, but I can barely afford to make the trip period this year, I can't even imagine coughing up an extra three or four-hundred dollars, even with the awesome benefits you get.

That's one of the reasons why I sponsor - to help keep the ticket price reasonable for everyone who can barely afford to see the show. Yes, the perks are VERY nice, but just getting to the show can be very expensive for most people. Anything to help out the other attendees :kickass:

Not to worry. After attending for a year or two and seeing how awesome the festival's vibe is, you might do what so many others do, and find a way to make a sponsorship happen. :kickass:

I have a 75% return rate on sponsors from year to year. They enjoy their experience that much. For a discussion on that, visit the following threads to get a perspective from the past:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/339907-sponsorers-perspective.html

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...-xi-sponsorship-information-update-7-5-a.html

Thanks everyone,

Glenn

You get to drink for FREE in the lounge upstairs? (Saves me 150$)
You get to go thru the catering line for food? (Saves me another 100$)
In effect, sponsorship then is only costing 250$
Wow.

You get to drink for FREE in the lounge upstairs? (Saves me 150$)

You need drink tickets for upstairs now, given 2-3 at a time, then you need to track someone down for them. Not a bad deal, but certainly not going to get you blitzed. I think I ended up with averaging 6 drinks a night last year. More than enough for me, who doesn't mind a buzz during the show but has no set intention of drinking while there anyway.

You get to go thru the catering line for food? (Saves me another 100$)
In effect, sponsorship then is only costing 250$
Wow.

Catering is for the bands only. So, no, you have to eat on your own. At least, that's how it's been when I've sponsored. I assume it'll continue on to this year too.

He's correct - no food for us, just the occasional drink or two (and you have to get drink tickets from Glenn). But even then it's worth it!

6 drinks a night = 120
Food. meh
But I forgot, you don't have to buy a regular ticket!

Drinks+Ticket price would be 250 for me anyway.

So it is still 250.

Frankly when you look at it that way, paying an extra 250 to sponsor a band is a pretty damn good deal!

More like 2 each night if you can get the tix. Not dissing the system, but not the criteria to decide if you want to be a sponsor. The other perks, i.e. supporting the festival, supporting your band, early in, backstage access - is all more important. That should be the focus. I hope to be in for round nine or ten (?) for PP 12.