PP USA XI: Sponsorship Information (Update 7/5)

Thats just it... funds never allow. You just have to make it happen, and pay for it when it comes. I doubt any sponsors just have a nestegg sitting there for the 9 months or so, before payment is due.

mëtålspëd;8369139 said:
Thats just it... funds never allow. You just have to make it happen, and pay for it when it comes. I doubt any sponsors just have a nestegg sitting there for the 9 months or so, before payment is due.
For me to do that, I'd have to cut out all other concerts. No can do. I'd love to be able to sponsor a band at PPUSA someday, though.

mëtålspëd;8369139 said:

Nope. Just a tax return. Return comes in, check sent. That's how I did it.

Sacrifices have to be made, sometimes you have to give up one thing to do another.

I'd do it for only a handful of bands, and we all know this isn't gonna happen:

Falconer
Freedom Call
Galactic Cowboys
Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Tarja
Leaves' Eyes
Midnattsol
Delain

I promise to pledge (____)for any of these acts IF at least 3 other people will pledge to do the same.(If you have already made a bid on any of these bands, please let me know so I can join you as a co-bidder!)

7thSaviour

Kings X will be playing at the Local (inside Sidelines - Marietta) on Friday, August 21. Tickets are available now through Ticket Alternative. Not sure of the cost at the moment.

Sorry to jump off topic.

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon KLaw View Post
7thSaviour

Kings X will be playing at the Local (inside Sidelines - Marietta) on Friday, August 21. Tickets are available now through Ticket Alternative. Not sure of the cost at the moment.

Sorry to jump off topic.
Is Hoyt helping with this show?

Unfortunately, this is not a PathFinder show.

mëtålspëd;8369139 said:

Hi here also. :)

Not so much a 'nestegg,' but I've had my sponsor-money building up in a savings account for ten months. Now that Glenn has sent the sacred "Hey, where's your money?" email, my savings account is now looking a lot leaner. :( OTOH, I sent a little extra over to Harv this year to kinda help out. :kickass:

Not so much a 'nestegg,' but I've had my sponsor-money building up in a savings account for ten months. Now that Glenn has sent the sacred "Hey, where's your money?" email, my savings account is now looking a lot leaner. :( OTOH, I sent a little extra over to Harv this year to kinda help out. :kickass:
We need more good metal folks like you to do just that, P!:headbang::kickass:

7th Savior, you know I'll be submitting my sponsorship bid for Falconer. There are a few other bands I would add to my list, but Falconer would definitely be #1.

I'm just waiting on two of my friends (who are also huge Falconer fans) to get back to me. The three of us made a triad bid on Falconer for this year, but obviously the band was not invited. We're going to try for the same thing next year. :)

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

I think I'll try to save money for next year. I'm just starting up school again so all my "giving up stuff" money is going to that. I should do it where every time I want to go to a concert but can't, I put $50 to the side. It usually costs me around $50-$100 each show depending where and if I'm buying merch. I've already pulled back a lot of my concert attending this year. Only been to one show this year.

Mine this year was kind of a last minute decision. Mainly because I really want to do the pictures thing again, and also because the vip badge is worth every single penny. It takes a LOT of stress out of the weekend, being able to get in front for a few songs for every band, being in front for one full set, being able to watch from the balcony, and coming and going as I please are all amazing things. Helping out the fest I love is probably the best feeling I get out of it, but the perks are like a thank you that I appreciate immensely. I don't want to go back to being just a normal ticket holder.

I'd do it for only a handful of bands, and we all know this isn't gonna happen:

Falconer
Freedom Call
Galactic Cowboys
Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Tarja
Leaves' Eyes
Midnattsol
Delain

I promise to pledge $500 for any of these acts IF at least 3 other people will pledge to do the same.(If you have already made a bid on any of these bands, please let me know so I can join you as a co-bidder!)

There's no reason to do this. Just commit to it, and if they come, you give your money. If they aren't hired, then you don't end up spending anything.

There's no reason to coordinate pooling money really. And you aren't supposed to talk about how much you are going to sponsor no who you are sponsoring.

There's no reason to coordinate pooling money really. Just commit to it, and if they come, you give your money. And you aren't supposed to talk about how much you are going to sponsor no who you are sponsoring.

While I agree the talk of sponsoring should be left to PM's, I don't understand your first comment. Without the support of sponsors putting in bids and pledging money to specific bands, Glenn would have no idea who would pay for what band when sponsors decide to send in money. Without Drew and I pledging money for Elvenking (along with others who did) before they were announced, how likely do you think it'd have been for them to be booked? 0 to none, that's about it.

There is a point to coordinate a sponsorship bid, because with guarenteed money for sponosorship, the chance of the band being booked goes up quite a bit. Why book a band you don't know if anyone will help with? I really think without band sponsors, this Fest would be a money pit.

Again, please take it to PM's when discussing money, or co-sponsorship. ;)
edit: lest the big man wants to jump in and give the Ok for discussion on the board. I'm going to stop trying to moderate. Lol.