ProgPower USA VIII Sponsorship Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
I have been swamped with people asking about "sponsorship" next year. I really appreciate all the interest and it's honestly flattering. I think if you talk to any of the current or former sponsors, you will find they think it is worth every cent they spend.

Here is how it works:

*You email me at ppusa@metalages.com with a list of potential bands you wish to sponsor. You will rank them in order of preference with a dollar amount you are willing to commit. All bids/emails/lists MUST remain confidential.

*I look at the list and see what fits my needs. I match them up accordingly. Thus, you may have Band A at the top of your list, but end up sponsoring Band D because I need more help there or someone out bid you on Band A.

*I plan on cutting back a bit on the number of sponsors this year. While financial support is essential, I do not simply open this up for the money. I have a set goal I try to meet and the less it takes to meet that goal, the more I like it. I spent over $20,000 on hotels alone last year so rest assured your money goes to the right cause.

*There is a minimum sponsorship of $500 per person. If you bid $1,000, you can indeed request 2 VIP passes. However, I list it as a $500 bid per person instead of $1,000 per person. While I am hyping this a bit, I want to point out something to the "old" sponsors" who may have gotten a bit comfortable with their status. I will always appreciate you for your support, but there is a new awareness of this program and you may not get in for what you bid in the past. This is a business after all.

*You find out if you win at the same time the public finds out that I have booked the bands.

*Payment is due in full by June 1st, 2007. Please note that your email is a binding, legal contract. I urge you to carefully consider your bid and make sure you can honor it when the time comes. Otherwise, I turn it over to my lawyer and let him take a nice commission off of it because of the grief you cause me.

*Do not email the bands directly saying that "I am sponsoring your band" and ask them what they need. The money you bid goes to my expenses for that band in the manner I see fit to spend it. That's the nature of the beast folks.

*Bids are due by December 19th.

Q: What does your sponsorship get you?
A: All- Access. You can come and go at the venue as you please including set-up, soundchecks, etc. You can hang out backstage and watch the show from the monitors there or stay up in the private VIP lounge and drink beer with the other bands while watching the show. You can take pictures in front of the stage barrier for the first two songs of all bands and remain in front of the barrier for the entire set by the band you sponsor. If you are not a gold badge holder, you automatically enter that list if you do not return as a sponsor from previous years.

Is this worth it to some? Hell no. However, please remember that this program helped me coped with rising expenses over the last few years.

This thread is closed to public comments. All questions should be sent to me privately.

cheers,

Glenn

Status
Not open for further replies.