ProgPower USA X Sponsorship Information

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
The ProgPower USA 10th anniversary show roster will be announced via video presentation immediately after Amorphis's set this year. That means that I need to start narrowing down the list of potential bands and getting some deals done. As I have always said, this quality of the festival roster depends on the sponsorships from year to year. The rules remain the same:

*Email me at "glenn at progpowerusa dot com" with a list of bands that you would like to sponsor in order of preference with corresponding dollar amount. Highest bidder wins.
*You may have a lower band chosen from your list while another is assigned to a band that you listed higher. The reason this happens is that I may need help with that lower band than the higher band or that you were simply outbid for that band.
*Minimum bid per person is $500. Combined bids are acceptable.
*General sponsorship bids are accepted as well (meaning you don't care who you assigned to).
*Winners are announced on the website as soon as we get the website updated after the festival (1-2 weeks).

As a sponsor, you are given VIP access. You can watch us set-up, watch the bands soundcheck, visit backstage and drink for free in the private bar/balcony with the bands. You also can watch the band you sponsor entire performance from inside of the stage barrier. Sponsors will also be allowed to use digital cameras next year regardless of the policy.

Your bid is legally binding and will be enforced. Failure to fulfill your obligation can put me in financial difficulty. Your payment is due in full by June 1st, 2009.

I have a 75% return rate on sponsors from year to year. They enjoy their experience that much. For a discussion on that, visit the following thread to get a perspective from the past:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/339907-sponsorers-perspective.html

Diamond45 and I submitted a sponsorship bid ourselves (as co-sponsors). This will be interesting to see how it plays out, as I've never done anything like this before, but was always intrigued by it. :cool: I guess if you really want to get a band you are interested in to play at ProgPower USA, this is an opportunity to put your money where your mouth is, so to speak. I'll admit that it will also be cool to finally get a chance to play a more active role in the success of this festival instead of just simply coming as a spectator.

I am also curious if there are other sponsorship type of opportunities, such as helping sponsor some of the lighting and equipment costs. For example, suppose my bid for the band(s) I am interested in don't make it through, could I help sponsor something else in the festival? And I'll admit, I would love to get back into the stage/lighting teching that I did all those years ago back in high school (admittedly, twenty years out of practice though and seems the technology has advanced a bit since :Smug:)

I guess if you really want to get a band you are interested in to play at ProgPower USA, this is an opportunity to put your money where your mouth is, so to speak.

This is the exact reason I was willing to plunk down a sponsorship for Elvenking. There is no other band I would rather see more, or see succeed. Musicians give so much of themselves to their art, that I look at this as an oppertunity to say "Thank you."

I am also curious if there are other sponsorship type of opportunities, such as helping sponsor some of the lighting and equipment costs. For example, suppose my bid for the band(s) I am interested in don't make it through, could I help sponsor something else in the festival? And I'll admit, I would love to get back into the stage/lighting teching that I did all those years ago back in high school (admittedly, twenty years out of practice though and seems the technology has advanced a bit since :Smug:)

If none of the bands you're interested in sponsoring come through, then you can (and should :) ) give Glenn the option of making you a general sponsor...which has the same effect as partially defraying the costs of lights and equipment.

I guess if you really want to get a band you are interested in to play at ProgPower USA, this is an opportunity to put your money where your mouth is, so to speak. I'll admit that it will also be cool to finally get a chance to play a more active role in the success of this festival instead of just simply coming as a spectator.

And that's why we decided to go in together for a sponsorship bid. We know that it takes a lot of money to bring bands over from Europe to play a show like this. We figured that the only way to get some of these bands to the US was to fork over some of our hard earned cash.

We're crossing fingers that at least one of our bands gets picked! :)

If none of the bands you're interested in sponsoring come through, then you can (and should :) ) give Glenn the option of making you a general sponsor...which has the same effect as partially defraying the costs of lights and equipment.

I prefer to think of it as subsidizing Glenn's alcohol budget...

(And you should have my bids now, Glenn...)

Glenn, maybe I'm being a little hasty... but do you have an idea when we'll find out if we won?