Did Opeth ever....?

MoonlightOrchid

Bi-product
Apr 20, 2009
Venus
Did Opeth ever help you go through a break up?

If yes, what songs appealed to you?

Did any other bands help you at that time?

If yes, wich ones?

Thanks for further replies!

Cheers,
MoonlightOrchid

Face of Melinda and To Bid You Farewell.. and nowadays even the great Burden to some extend..
But I guess I will always love their Morningrise-ballad the most.. it consists of sheer beauty

The whole break up is already a while ago, since I discovered the song during fall 2006,
but when I listen to this song I kind of get the feeling back from that time.
If you would like to, you can also check out my tribute to that song^^.. the video is my very personal interpretation of the song:
(hope to do a burden-cover too someday)

Well, there are lots of other bands like Katatonia or all the Doom-stuff I am currently listening to very much.
e.g. Swallow The Sun, Shape of Despair .. Agalloch is pretty cool as well (especially when you're into Opeth) well.. thats it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
oh my god... that vid.. dunno why but i feel so touched Q_Q

The natures sounds that echo in the back, and the scenery add such a nice taste to the video.. also you guys are amazing, I feel like crying.

Opeth just helped me to break up even more....
its music is just too awesome as to worry about a relationship and i just want to drink lots of beer and to growl like a demon once i get drunk. then I switch to Strapping young lad and I go berserk.

Opeth help me break up every time. or well.. they are the reason why people are breaking up with me.. I do not share my taste of music with hot girls, nor my love for mustaches.

Between my ex bf and I, "When" was our song. Not because it had any particular relevance lyrically in regards to our relationship, but we both loved it. So when we broke up, I'd listen to it and reflect. *wipes tear*

Did opeth ever prevented you from doing something stupid like, for instance, moshing in one of their concerts?

Yes sir. One time, I was standing near the pit, and I kept glancing over at it while Opeth was performing Bleak, and Mister Akerfeldt noticed my glancing and sensed my desire to enter The Pit, so he stopped playing and everyone was staring, and he said:
"You there. Little girl. Do not go near there. You will get hurt"

Only that didn't happen, and would never happen, because I always stand in the back! Sad face

In march 07 my ex (and she's the latest one :( ) broke up with me, and I was in love with her, and I mean it lol. Opeth was the band that spoke to me the most, not only when she left me but afterward... songs like In My Time Of Need and Weakness, if they were written after 07, i would BELIEVE that mike wrote them about ME and no one else. I would say congrat to mike, coz he could actually touch our lives/hearts in whether by music or lyrics. and then Slayer really helped me to do not think about that slut :D !!! "Hate Heals You Should Try It Sometimes"

"In My Time Of Need", "To Bid You Farewell", and "Burden" are at least 3 songs that I have listened to when I've experienced heartbreak. Burden for the general 'there's an ocean of sorrow...', In My Time Of Need for the general feeling of it being 'my time of need' because of emotional pain. To Bid You Farewell, says it all really 'every tear I shed... is for you'.

TO BID YOU FAREWELL is awesome at times like this! also Burden and Face of Melinda helped a lot!!

Did opeth ever prevented you from doing something stupid like, for instance, moshing in one of their concerts?

When I saw Opeth, some people bahind me were moshing and stuff, and then Opeth saw that I was about to mosh as well, so Opeth came down from the stage and Opeth said "don't mosh!". So basically, Opeth prevented me from moshing on their concert :)

When I saw Opeth, some people bahind me were moshing and stuff, and then Opeth saw that I was about to mosh as well, so Opeth came down from the stage and Opeth said "don't mosh!". So basically, Opeth prevented me from moshing on their concert :)

Hahah I said exactly the same thing like two posts before this :p