Did you like "Porcelain Heart" video?

Did you like "Porcelain Heart" video?

• Yes

Votes: 90 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 71 44.1%

• Total voters
It was pretty good. Alot better than the grand conjuration video. I'd like to hear what Mikael himself thinks of the video. If I remember correctly, he was quite outspoken on his dislike for the tgc video.

And I agree that the last aaah aa aahh part should be repeated once more. Great song though. But when that lone guitar comes in with the melody before the aaah parts, it feels a little weird to me. It kinda stops the flow of the songs. Kinda like on the two first records, where you have riffs repeated after one another, instead of melding them together so they flow better, like Mikael has been doing very good on all albums except for orchid and morningrise, where it's more a more broken up song structure. Those two albums are of ofcourse bloody brilliant anyway. This has nothing to do with the video, I'll stop now.

Lesbians rule!

Opeth's music is just not suited to videos. Their music just doesn't translate well to videos. This is a hell of a lot better than TGC, that's for sure. So, at least it's far from being an awful video.

But the song...wow! I'm just in love with this song!

Opeth's music is just not suited to videos. Their music just doesn't translate well to videos.

See, i think that given the right director, Opeth music videos could be amazing. Maybe they need to begin a long-term relationship with someone who has a solid visual framework for the band, like PT with Lasse Hoile (btw, he directed this, correct? what the fuck happened?)

I just don't feel like a jumble of "dark" imagery does a goddamn thing for this song. Opeth songs play like a movie or and symphony, with different scenes and movements...give me a video that tells a fucking JOURNEY. make it EPIC.

i honestly don't care about music videos, but this is like covering a $60 grade-A steak with ketchup.

I thought the scenes showing the band were great. The direction was good too, but the video just didn't suit the song.

Thank you Roadrunner for making Opeth look like Cradle of Filth.

Should have left it as a performance video in the house/castle rather than running the "typical" lesbionic bullshit with an old scary man in a hat...come on now, we are not all 13 years old we do have red tube you know.

First time I heard (and saw) the song actually. The video didn't look as good as I thought it would. But it's A LOT better than the TGJ video. One cool thing though is when we see Mikael play by himself and there's drapes over the drumset and the amplifiers as opposed to when the whole band plays.

It was also the first time I heard the song, and I didn't like it as much as TLE, perhaps because it's an edited version.

Another thing that got me thinking was the different sound production on the video contra TLE (the free download). If you compare the songs, TLE has a more acoustic and "prog-ish" feel too it soundwise. The drums, especially, sounds more acoustic. Makes me wonder if the TLE download is just a raw mix because the sound from the video is the usual triggered drums and overly-compressed sound that we are used to.

What do you think?

hmm, edit was pretty dodge. Better that tgc video, but that wasn't too hard. It was funny to see Jason crack the shits at lesbians. Opeth put to screen as a narrative= pretty hard. It was pretty average, but pretty much all music videos range from crap to average. I don't really like Lasse Hoile, but it could of been worse.

i wish they would of left out the random characters and just had them playing in that amazing ass gothic building, looked absolutely fantastic, aside from the random ass people who were in the video which makes no sense to me.

but, it's pretty mediocre.

in all actuality though, music videos suck anyway.

tragic video fits well to tragic music and lyrics:kickass:

very liked the girl that was sitting to the right hand of man :loco: Does anyone know her phonenumber?

this gave me som serious goosebumps! maked my day, or my month actually! AWESOME work by Lasse.. Thanks Opeth, you have amazed me once again.