Did you like "Porcelain Heart" video?

Did you like "Porcelain Heart" video?

• Yes

Votes: 90 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 71 44.1%

• Total voters
Its like jack the ripper at an orgie!!! Cencored and cut so you miss out on all the good bits, naturally. Much better than TGC vid though, and much better edit. This one wont give me a fear of going to the toilet and having a snake crawl up my arse

Would have been more fitting to some Cradle of filth song...

Why the hell did the women kiss? Thats so juvenile! At least they didn't add any blood...

I like the edited version of the song a lot more than the full one...
as for the music video it's nicely made, I like the photography

Shame that the video focuses on Mike only and we don't see much of the other band members...

Fucking hell, TGC all over again. WHY WHY WHY would you just string together a bunch of creepy/gothic imagery and cut it with scenes of Opeth playing in a room? That's fucking boring and it really doesn't live up to the music. It didn't work before, with a snake and a bitch going down a toilet, it's sure as hell not going to work now with some lesbo action to pull in some 14 year olds.

I want them to do a Tool-esque video...not meaning weird-looking stop-action stuff, but no band appearances - make the video tell a STORY, the same way Opeth songs tell a story.

and....reeeeallly not the best song to be a single. :(

What, a video that actually goes somewhere instead of showing a bunch of random goth people doing random goth things?

no you're right, this is way better.

Uhh i didn't even say that this PH video was the right thing for Opeth. What i said is that a tool-esque video wouldn't suit Opeth's music. Get it?

Calm down about the kiss, boys. It was, after all, just a kiss.

It did kind of come out of nowhere, but I almost expected it. In the scene with the two girls and the guy on the couch, the way the the girl on the right hand side of the screen leaned towards the other girl showed a little bit of desire...but not much. The video seemed really sterile to me. There didn't seem to be any emotion, especially in the kissing scene.
It wasn't all that interesting and it wasn't a huge deal. The only reason that I've taken an interest in it is because I /am/ a lesbian...and that was not a lesbian kiss.

I'm not yet sure if I really liked the video. I've certainly seen worse, but I'll reserve further judgement.

i actually enjoyed the video. it was leaps better than TGC, and it was actually quite long for a video.

Calm down about the kiss, boys. It was, after all, just a kiss.

It did kind of come out of nowhere, but I almost expected it. In the scene with the two girls and the guy on the couch, the way the the girl on the right hand side of the screen leaned towards the other girl showed a little bit of desire...but not much. The video seemed really sterile to me. There didn't seem to be any emotion, especially in the kissing scene.
It wasn't all that interesting and it wasn't a huge deal. The only reason that I've taken an interest in it is because I /am/ a lesbian...and that was not a lesbian kiss.

I'm not yet sure if I really liked the video. I've certainly seen worse, but I'll reserve further judgement.

Agreed. Lesbians are disgusting.

kinda wierd....and I thought the stranglation at the end was unecessary. Sub par at best. WEre the drums supposed to sound like that or was it fuck up? :ill:

i expected dani filth to pop up any second.

and the song sounds even more disjointed with this edit. not a good thing.

I like the audio, and frankly, I like the video. The interaction between the two is where I have the most problems, but I'm fairly pleased with this. You guys need to calm the fuck down.

this video isn't really meant to attract people already fans of opeth it's more to expose their music so the edit doesn't bother me as there will be no need to listen to it once the album comes out

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't very good. But I'm not a fan of music videos really.. I didn't like the direction.. I liked the artistic style of the video.. It just doesn't seem very fitting for opeth.

But round of aplause for Medonca's performance :clap:

Hehe :clap: - Much better than Akercocke's last video ^^'

The things I liked about it:

-The lighting effects. Light pouring through glass panes, hallways, doors. Silhouettes, shadows and whatnot.
-The draperies (token Opeth imagery everywhere) cascading in slow motion.
-The gaunt old man, possibly the same degenerate figure a few decades on? Very commanding presence.

-1800s feel, a good time period for Opeth at least. I always imagined 'Face of Melinda' to be set around that time. Possibly because of the lyrics.

The debauchery, very decadent feel too - not my favourite aspect by a long way but nevertheless rises above modern-day gratuitous sluttery imo.

I liked it.