Did you like "Porcelain Heart" video?

Did you like "Porcelain Heart" video?

• Yes

Votes: 90 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 71 44.1%

• Total voters
cool video, i like the ideas and it kinda suits opeth..saying that though its an awful edit, its very stop start and im wondering why the lotus eater wasnt the single. spose because it was heavier and rr probs had something to do with it.

No. Too gothic.

Actually, I prefer TGC's video. It perfectly suited the song, which was an evil motherfucking angry song.

Here you get a contradiction of style. There are soft positive sounding melodies on a dark foreboding video. Doesn't make too much sense.

For me , the video is so "no good" that its insane that it's got 54.78% vote on YES!!!
So you guys really like it??? strange
I even wonder if Mike likes it! lol

A valiant effort, wasn't really epic but I'm not going to reiterate what everyone else has said.

I preferred the videos like Windowpane and Harvest. Perhaps a vid of them walking around slow-mo in the castle, crows flying around etc. interspliced with them playing.

I don't know, I just don't think Opeth videos really require third party actors.

Another thing that got me thinking was the different sound production on the video contra TLE (the free download). If you compare the songs, TLE has a more acoustic and "prog-ish" feel too it soundwise. The drums, especially, sounds more acoustic. Makes me wonder if the TLE download is just a raw mix because the sound from the video is the usual triggered drums and overly-compressed sound that we are used to.

What do you think?

That was the first thing that popped in my mind when heard Lotus Eater. I didn't notice contrast from the music video.

Don't like it. Felt rather disjointed and not very conducive to the flow of the song at all. I'd rather they just not bother with videos anymore... it tends to just ruin the songs for me.

What gets me about this one is that the band playing shots don't look cool at all either. At least that was one part they got right with the TGC video, even if the majority of the clip did blow donkey nuts. And damn.. the awesome 'aaah' bit at the end is totally ruined for me by the retarded expressions on the actors' faces... like seriously, I thought at first they were meant to be part of the choir or something, but it's so lame... ugh.

well, first off the song is boring beyond my worst nightmare, and the video is as clitched as it could have been, GR wasnt great now this seems to be following suite, obviously need to hear the album but very dissapointed what a boring fucking song

the song is great. the video is decent, for what its worth.

BUT:
i dont care about videoes at all, every "radio edit" is doomed to fail heavily. that includes this one.
what the feck is the meaning of radio edit anyway, to get more listeners? it ruins every aspect of what Opeth really is, imo.

but as I said, the original song kicks arse. the way it is ment to be.

well, first off the song is boring beyond my worst nightmare, and the video is as clitched as it could have been, GR wasnt great now this seems to be following suite, obviously need to hear the album but very dissapointed what a boring fucking song

and to add: just downloaded the lotus eater,:cry: its terrible, i want lopez and lindgren back and a second BWP NOW! (let the bashing begin)

aaargh it blows. there's nothing to it, the part when the chicks open their mouths to sing the ''ahhh'' is awful.
I was listening to the song before and starting thinking how ridiculous that was. I cringed when it went from close up to close up of the different chicks as his voice got higher.

This is why I stopped coming here. Everything is so damn negative all the time if Opeth doesn't do exactly what you think they should do. There's nothing particularly wrong with the edit of the song ... it's a pretty simple song with a lot of repeated riffs that can be shortened without killing it. There's nothing wrong with the drum fill, as Mikael has explained. There's nothing wrong with the video.

It's a nice looking video that tells a story that's probably very loosely based on the theme of the song (not the actual events). The guy in the video has these two women, then the women get it on with each other, and he gets pissed and kills both of them (at least, that's how I saw it). The old guy is him coming back to the house in regret for what he's done. I think the mood of the story and the video fit the song fairly well, and the imagery certainly goes with the music. I think it's infinitely better than the TGC video, which had almost no Opeth feel to it whatsoever.

This is why I stopped coming here. Everything is so damn negative all the time if Opeth doesn't do exactly what you think they should do. There's nothing particularly wrong with the edit of the song ... it's a pretty simple song with a lot of repeated riffs that can be shortened without killing it. There's nothing wrong with the drum fill, as Mikael has explained. There's nothing wrong with the video.

It's a nice looking video that tells a story that's probably very loosely based on the theme of the song (not the actual events). The guy in the video has these two women, then the women get it on with each other, and he gets pissed and kills both of them (at least, that's how I saw it). The old guy is him coming back to the house in regret for what he's done. I think the mood of the story and the video fit the song fairly well, and the imagery certainly goes with the music. I think it's infinitely better than the TGC video, which had almost no Opeth feel to it whatsoever.
I'm sorry. Ofcourse i like it, and so does everyone else! We just lie when we say we don't, because we think that makes us cool.

Thanks for pointing out the undeniable FACT that this video is good.

You guys have to stop mistaking ''being critical and having an opinion'' for ''being negative''. C'mon, it's not like people who didn't like the video are being assholes.

A pretty wank video in all honesty. As someone else said, it's almost (minus the parts with the band ofc) like watching tv whilst listening to the song through some headphones. Not that I really care too much; I've always preferred to just let my mind conjure an image of what the music is conveying.

I'm sorry. Ofcourse i like it, and so does everyone else! We just lie when we say we don't, because we think that makes us cool.

Thanks for pointing out the undeniable FACT that this video is good.

^LMAO! That a main reason i come here , the sarcasm is hilarious (im seroious herenot sarcastic promise)

Things I love :
1. Opeth
2. Lesbian Pr0n
3. Food..

I hope the next vid will be about lesbians and food!

LOL...

I for one think the song is fucking awesome, and Opeth in general, but their music goes beyond these Metal-tagged clips that just say:OMGDZ DARKNESS+DISTORTION. I think you could make amazing videos with Opeth music, but not when the initial intention is to cut them in half and put some goth chicks making out to get more views.

and guys, THAT'S A FACT. I, AM RIGHT. YOU AREN'T. I AM BLAK METL REBEL.