Digidesign´s new product for Guitarrist

The-Zeronaut

Mixing..Y U SO DIFFICULT?
Sep 24, 2007
in 23rd September Digidesign/avid will reveal his new product for guitarrist :

(taken from digidesign web)

Coming September 23rd. Guitar players: Prepare to change your game...

On September 23rd, Avid is set to unveil a revolutionary new solution designed specifically for guitar players. Years of research and development is about to culminate in one killer product.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?langid=100&navid=585&itemid=39691&INTCMP=DD-BN-11R24

it will be just something a la M-box TONEPORT with pro tools essential :puke:

"Years of research and development"....yeah...sure...

1. It's asking me to sign up.
2. It has US and CAN listed as the only countries and I can't google out zip/postal codes for that.
3. Fuck it.

*Poor Digidesign*

Word around the DUC is that its a hardware version of Eleven, possibly a rack, possibly using TDM Accel chips.

Years of research and development is about to culminate in one killer product.
Years of research and development are about to culminate in one killer product.

the development cycle of any product is more than 2 years, so they're not lying. However what they always fail at is predicting what people will want two years from when they start building it.

I can't help but chuckle at the outrage the digidesign would have the audacity to release a new product that apparently is a complete waste of time and money despite the fact that no one has even seen a marketing cut sheet.
This is totally uninteresting to me but every manufacturer makes plenty of stuff I don't care about and have no use for. So what?

its because NO ONE asked for the product. We have asked for a more stable system, fewer bugs, better interfaces, something bridging the gap between LE/MP and HD and delay compensation to name just a few things off the top of my head.
Just like when PT 8 came out, NO ONE asked for a complete GUI redesign, they just did it.

How about Windows 7 and Snow Leopard and 64 bit compatibility.

Stuff that's important to the people that use Pro Tools daily to make a living.

its because NO ONE asked for the product. We have asked for a more stable system, fewer bugs, better interfaces, something bridging the gap between LE/MP and HD and delay compensation to name just a few things off the top of my head.
Just like when PT 8 came out, NO ONE asked for a complete GUI redesign, they just did it.

word

I think AGZ has a really good point here. Digidesign really needs to go back to how they started off, listening to the people that will be using their products. You know how many YEARS people have asked for ADC? How many YEARS people have asked for new and improved HD interfaces? Instead of delivering things their customers are actually starving for they come up with some guitar bullshit instead.

It's not about them making something you have no use for, it's about wasting two years+ (if AGZ's info is correct) on something that doesn't answer back to what the users want. Like Digi offering the same tired old interfaces, sure they work otherwise they wouldn't be up every pro engineer's arse, but they could really stand a makeover.

You know how many YEARS people have asked for ADC?

I might be way off here, but seriously, ProTools LE is an LE version. Considering Digidesign's position in the DAW market, do they really have any reason to implement more and more of their expensive HD rigs' features to the ~300€ version?

Not that I wouldn't love to have ADC on my M-Powered, but since I like PT and I'm serious about my goals in the audio business and about turning a nice hobby (hopefully) into a profession, I just accept the way it is and will eventually upgrade to HD.

BTW, LE isn't even the lowest version anymore, theres now Essential too. An even MORE crippled version of M-Powered.

ADC isn't that big of a deal for me either, but it would be just fucking lovely to not have to hear about it not being in PT ever again.

Oh I see. So this is like when my girlfriend yells at me about the dishes in the sink, when really she just wants to spend more time together.:D

Hey, hey, hey, we haven't tried it out yet. Let's wait and see, ei?

Stereotypically speaking, I think it's gonna suck balls.
Rationally speaking, I don't know how good it's gonna be.
:heh:
Thanks for the code, Mike.