Digitech GSP1101 any good?

Clark Kent

Jan 23, 2011
I've been looking for something I can use to load my impulses on so I heard this GSP can load IR's and you probably know what I plan to do with it. :D Anyways... I wanted to ask if you guys think the amp modeling is anything usable. Do any of you have experience with this? It's extremely hard to find clips of this product. If you've got clips I'd love to hear them.

Send me a di and I'll reamp it thru mine with an impulse of your choice

I run mine in 4cm and I use the internal sounds for cleans. It's an amazing unit, I've got the control 2 and it's seriously the bomb. I just wish the eq had high/low pass. I'll probably end up getting a hardware para eq just for this. I use the impulses for in-war monitoring. I really wish development didn't stop :-/ bums me out

Our guitarist bought one too. Alex low (lowberg) sold me on it.

That would be so cool man! Thanks a lot! You can use the Rose of Sharyn DI's: http://www.arcanarecordings.com/Jeff/Reamping/RoseOfSharynDI.zip

You don't have to mix them.. I'll mess with them myself. Here's a somewhat secret IR that I usually don't share to people but it's awesome. :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?59gjpyhg4zq5ewx

Thanks man! I appreciate your effort.

I have a chance to buy Control2 with it.. is it worth it? I could get another midi pedal you know....

Cool. I'll get those to you.

If you need a pedal, control 2 is seamless integration, you can assign anything to any button, it has a stomp box mode to turn on/off effects, display name, tuner reading, optical exp/wah pedal (that can control nearly any parameter), and it uses Ethernet to hook up. It's full metal construction. you can hook up a second expression pedal to it as well.

I got Gsp/c2 on used gc for 280 2-3 months ago.

Very cool, the preamp modeling is good enough for sure. Would love to hear how it sounds with an impulse though since that's why I'm getting it. :)

Very cool, the preamp modeling is good enough for sure. Would love to hear how it sounds with an impulse though since that's why I'm getting it. :)

Doesn't the GSP rape impulses? As in, lower their quality? Its the reason I decided to not get one.

I think they reduce the impulses-for recording I would go direct and use impulses in the DAW, but for live use it's
pretty good, just went to a show a few days ago, one band brought the GSP1101, guitar player used a Rocktron
Velocity 300 into a Marshall 4x12 for stage sound and the FOH guy just used the direct signal.
Best sound the whole evening, one band used a Dual Recto and a 5150, one band a Marshall JVM and the opener
to Line6 Spider Valves (sounded better than the band with the Recto and 5150 but the band just sucked, so that
might be a reason).
The amp modelling itself is pretty nice, not up to par with the Axe-Fx but imho way better than a Boss GT or any
of the Line6 PODs (and I like these :D ) actually played the 1101 yesterday in a shop a bit through a Marshall
poweramp into a Engl 4x12, really digging it-but I still own the old 2101 and don't play in a band so I can't justify
to buy anything new.

I think they reduce the impulses-for recording I would go direct and use impulses in the DAW, but for live use it's
pretty good

Yes, the impulses still sound good on it but not as detailed as on a computer. Something about loading less samples of the impulse. I noticed that the impulses have a little less low end in them on the GSP, but that can be compensated a bit by tweaking the global EQ on it.

I can do a comparison recording if you want, Impulses on GSP vs Impulses on computer

Yes, the impulses still sound good on it but not as detailed as on a computer. Something about loading less samples of the impulse. I noticed that the impulses have a little less low end in them on the GSP, but that can be compensated a bit by tweaking the global EQ on it.

I can do a comparison recording if you want, Impulses on GSP vs Impulses on computer

I'd be interested in listening to that comparison as I've wondered about the impulse thing too.

I had one.
Used it for guide tracks and sometimes so I could use 2 different tube screamer models for left/right.
I updated it to the latest firmware from here
http://mustbebeta.com/
The models were not that good. It did not "saturate" like a real amp.
I sold it and don't miss it. I find pod farm better.

Thanks a lot man! I appreciate it!

When i try to load your impulse, it gets this error message...

clark.png

Works with any other impulse file i have, maybe yours is too large?

My brother uses one live with a Marshall 9200 el34 poweramp in the band we play in together. Sounds great. Very versatile and the effects on it are quite good. He uses the cheap behringer fcb midi foot controller and it works a treat for something so much cheaper than the alternatives.

I dont really use it for recording much, we did play around with it when we did our own Cd and used it for some rhythm takes of his.

The dual rectifier model on it seems to be one of the better ones for good metal rhythms. The jcm800 isn't that bad either. You get a 5150 model on one of the firmware updates. Also it comes with alot of models for pedals, which is pretty cool. It can get quite in depth with the editing of patches, there's a number of EQ sectons to tweak at different stages and other useful parameters. Haven't used the direct out with impulses live. We mic up his cab when we gig