digitech rp150 or zoom g2 guitar effects pedals

stevesaks

Jan 30, 2006
Hey I'm looking into buying a small, inexpensive guitar effects pedal...
I have narrowed it down to the new digitech rp150 or the zoom g2..both run for $99 here in USA...the expression pedal versions of both are $150...

does anyone have any ideas which is better? or suggestions for a $150 or lower...pedal..for rock/metal type sounds..cover band..fun stuff.

which is better? or any new suggestions would help..I'm buying one next week probably...

thanks guys.

neither, guitar FX pedals aren't worth the money, unless it is just for practice, which then it can be good, but it is probably better to save your money. $150 is hardly anything to spend on electronic equipment. all in one solutions 90% of the time suck and if you think it doesn't you will 3 years down the line. i'd suggest save up that money and buy something more real. also FX in general are overrated. add a tiny bit of delay/reverb and your set. and if you are in a good room you don't need any of that as an FX. my room gets some reverb it isn't too great, but it makes the guitar sound less dry and less processed if i used an FX pedal (which i had)

but if you insist on getting FX pedals, Boss is the best bang for the buck. don't get an FX pedal board though. just get a few SEPARATE pedals. those all in one solutions aren't good. unless you are going for an over processed mechanic robotic sound. even if that is the case, you'll have more like with a line 6 amp/pod.

thanks for your input....I have a few boss pedals..but I don't wanna buy 3 more pedals...Maybe I'll borrow one of these fx boards from my cousin..and tweak around with it...to see how it sounds first..

testing stuff out first is always the best way to go. buying 3 more boss pedals > pedal FX board. then you buy your own "pedal board" where you put the pedals in and power them all. sure it costs a bit more, but the sound quality is far superior. boss delay, chorus, and flanger are the best I've used (excluding DAW FX).

whats also good about buying each individual pedal is that you can set up your own routing.