DILEMMA: QUEENSRYCHE? OR CHICAGO POWERFEST?

I liked when Chicago Powerfest was in February... unfortunately, it's not great from a marketing standpoint, because people don't like to travel to the northern states in winter. (As I live in a northern state to begin with, it doesn't bother me at all.)

By the way PCW, Chicago Powerfest does also sell individual day tickets, so if Queensryche appeals to you more than Friday night of CPF, you could go to Paganfest on Thursday, Ryche on Friday, and CPF on Saturday if you so choose.

The last time I saw QR (when SX opened) was good enough for me to say I really dont need to see them again. Having seen them in their full glory OMC, Empire etc.. they just dont it for me anymore.

Just saw their tour poster.
Looks like the show is going to be comprised of three suites of music, featuring songs from RAGE FOR ORDER, their new one, and EMPIRE.

Could be interesting. RAGE FOR ORDER and EMPIRE, aside from Mindcrime, are my favorite QR releases. Wonder if they are playing each in their entirety.

Just saw their tour poster.
Looks like the show is going to be comprised of three suites of music, featuring songs from RAGE FOR ORDER, their new one, and EMPIRE.

Could be interesting. RAGE FOR ORDER and EMPIRE, aside from Mindcrime, are my favorite QR releases. Wonder if they are playing each in their entirety.

Wouldn't that be killer, Jasonic?

Geoff's voice can probably handle what's on Rage and Empire. He quit hitting many of the high notes after O:Mc. But I fully agree. Those two albums are among my faves of theirs. Actually, I thought everything through Empire was damn fine. The Warning contains some fine music, as does their first one.

Yeah. I think they're worth one more chance.

Bill

Regards CPF, this recent post states: "FYI...our plan is to make a band announcement one way or another on Monday...even if headliners haven't confirmed yet. We've waited long enough & feel confident enough with the lineup so far that we think people will at least be very intrigued."