Chicago Powerfest and Paganfest

Pearl room had guitar problems for most of Saturday. But i think Only Suidarkras was the only 1 that wasn't fixed completely.
I know you might have said this but did Sacred Dawn interest you at all? I thought they were great.

One other thing I forgot to mention...the first night I was in Chicago we went to a pizza place called Giordano's and had a stuffed spinach pizza. It was Godly. 10/10 I've heard they have a lot of great pizza places there, so if I ever spend any amount of time in Chicago again I'll have to sample some of the others.

Also, one funny thing I heard at the Seattle show during Turisas was someone saying that it sounded like the violinist was running his electric violin through a "trumpet" patch. It was funny because it did sort of sound like that. I think it may have actually been Zach that said that but I can't remember. Whatever it was, I didn't really care for the effects he was using. I much prefer a natural violin tone.

Just covering the bases y'know :lol:

Actually, a few of us used to say that all the time when we worked at the YMCA because there were so many chicks who... well, looked way older than they were.

But back on topic of paganfest, i finally ordered a copy of the new Eluveitie album Slania from the end records, then i got impatient waiting for 2 days so I bought another copy at Best Buy (luckily I ordered the limited edition and bought the regular-ass cd). The album owns, totally glad I didn't wait. I can't wait for these bands to come back.

I'm also interested in news from Turisas because according to a recent myspace post, every band on the Paganfest bill will be back by the end of the year. Tyr and Ensiferum will be back with Amon Amarth and Eluveitie will be back supposedly with Korpiklaani and Moonsorrow. I wonder if Turisas will get another tour or if they'll join on one of these two.

Either way, I'm glad to see something awesome finally making its way over here.

But back on topic of paganfest, i finally ordered a copy of the new Eluveitie album Slania from the end records, then i got impatient waiting for 2 days so I bought another copy at Best Buy (luckily I ordered the limited edition and bought the regular-ass cd). The album owns, totally glad I didn't wait. I can't wait for these bands to come back.

I'm also interested in news from Turisas because according to a recent myspace post, every band on the Paganfest bill will be back by the end of the year. Tyr and Ensiferum will be back with Amon Amarth and Eluveitie will be back supposedly with Korpiklaani and Moonsorrow. I wonder if Turisas will get another tour or if they'll join on one of these two.

Either way, I'm glad to see something awesome finally making its way over here.

This weekend I downloaded a few Eluveitie tracks from Slania, and yes, it kicks some major rear end. I certainly hope these bands come back again because I was unable to go to Pegan fest! Damn it! :mad:

Tyr/Ensiferum/Amon Amarth and Eluveitie/Korpiklaani/Moonsorrow would both be excellent line-ups. I need to get another Moonsorrow album (I only have Voimasta Ja Kunniasta). I also need to pick up that Spirit album.

I'm listening to moonsorrow right this second (the Kivenkantaja album... third one)

I'd recommend Verisakeet for the song Jotunheim alone... great track and epic as fuck. Suden Uni is also an amazing record. They don't have a bad album, all are great for different reasons though none stray too far from one another. The only album that is really "different" is their latest full length "V: Havitetty". It's 2 half hour long songs, both of which are amazing (the first one is quite possibly my favorite recorded song of all time) but they also abandon a lot of their folkier eliments and sound more "viking"... I know a lot of their older fans had a huge problem with that, but I honestly don't really mind.

Really, you can't go wrong with Moonsorrow IMO.

I'll probably just pick up Kivenkantaja next since it's the follow up to Voimasta...or Verisäkeet...ahhhh!. All of their albums are rated high on M-A which makes it almost overwhelming to try and guess which one I should get.

Eh, I don't mind it going off topic. I'd rather not restrict the flow of discussion. People are still free to respond in regards to the original topic. Besides, since only a handful of people post here regularly I don't forsee it causing an uproar. :lol:

Anyway, the Svartsot album rules. It's pretty basic stuff but catchy as hell and I like that the vocalist uses lower growls than most folkish metal bands.

I listened to Svartsot a bit more last night... actually listening to their myspace tracks instead of putting it on for 5 seconds and going 'yeah, i'll buy the album'. Definitely way more excited for the disc now haha. Woo!