CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008: More Bands & On-Sale Date Announced

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
OK...here's our latest press release. Rest assured, more is coming very soon!!

------------------------

CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008: More Bands & On-Sale Date Announced

THE AUTUMN OFFERING, TWELFTH GATE & Italy's CHAOSWAVE are the next bands to be confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008, set to take place May 1-3 at The Pearl Room in Mokena, IL. Tickets for the event will go on sale SATURDAY, JANUARY 26th at all Ticketmaster locations and The Pearl Room box office. Single day tickets, as well as specially priced two and three day options will be made available.

Current POWERFEST Lineup:

Thursday, May 1 (kick-off show with Paganfest tour)

ENSIFERUM
TURISAS
TÝR
ELUVEITIE

Saturday, May 3 (finalized)

TESTAMENT
DARKANE
SUIDAKRA
THE AUTUMN OFFERING
TWELFTH GATE
CHAOSWAVE

Bands for the Friday (May 2) lineup will be announced very soon. For additional information regarding Powerfest, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com and www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

Thursday is viking / folky...

Saturday is thrashy....

Could Friday lean more towards power (and how about some DOOM!)

Saturday will definitely appeal heavy to the thrash crowd. Never heard of Chaoswave.
Per Metal Archives, they are "groove metal" from Italy.

The Autumn Offering? Wow, didn't think I'd see them (or any Victory Records band, for that matter) on this lineup. They're pretty cool.

I'm excited about the Thursday stuff for the most part .. pretty well versed on Tyr and Turisas.

I am not jumping up and down over the Saturday lineup. I don't consider any of those bands to be among my favorites, although I am familiar with all but The Autumn Offering. Testament would be cool to see live.

At this point I'm hoping the Friday lineup is killer, and contains at least one or two bands that I can get excited about.

Britt

Will Twelfth Gate take requests? Like say....Orpheus?

Nah....we're gonna play entirely accoustic set of Jewel covers and give you all a -real- treat. :heh:

We've already been discussing the set. Rest assured you will be pleased whether Orpheus is included or not. BUT...just for fun, if you could map out a Twelfth Gate setlist, what would it look like?

just for fun, if you could map out a Twelfth Gate setlist, what would it look like?

Well since I'm assuming you're getting a half hour set:

Critical Elements
Desire Brings
Loyal
Orpheus
New song - written with Aaron for Aaron's voice.
Inner core

Never heard of Chaoswave.
Per Metal Archives, they are "groove metal" from Italy.

Well, sort of... they do have some groove to them, but there is also thrash influence there, and they have male and female clean vocals... and the greatest part is, the female vocalist is not one of those ultra-soprano opera singers. :) The closest band I could compare them to would be Lacuna Coil, but heavier.

Nah....we're gonna play entirely accoustic set of Jewel covers and give you all a -real- treat. :heh:

For those of us who like Jewel, this would be a real treat! :) Please play "Adrian".

Well since I'm assuming you're getting a half hour set:

Critical Elements
Desire Brings
Loyal
Orpheus
New song - written with Aaron for Aaron's voice.
Inner core

All TG setlists must contain "Innocent".

I don't know these 3 bands announced, but will be checking out, is this possible of selling out? I wish I knew tickets were going on sale tomorrow I would have prepared the possibility of going...

I don't know these 3 bands announced, but will be checking out, is this possible of selling out? I wish I knew tickets were going on sale tomorrow I would have prepared the possibility of going...

Testament alone will be a big draw, to what extent I'm not sure. I don't necessarily think it's gonna sellout but ya never know.