CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008: More Bands & On-Sale Date Announced

Well, I kinda know stuff from the Nevermore camp that others don't. I never claimed to know all about everything that goes on. OBVIOUSLY there would be people here that know a good deal of stuff about other things. Sorry if I didn't make my point clear with that, so I apologize to those that seemed offended by that.

Jason - by "shit on everything good", it was directed towards how you and Diabolik constantly rag on CPF. We've been through this before.

Everyone else - Don't like me? I give a shit. I'm here to support the fest and enjoy it. I'm showing my age because I AM how old I am. I never claimed to be more mature than anyone, so I apologize that I'm not acting like a 30-year old with a family.

I'm excited for the fest's recent announcements, so fuck you all and see you in Mokena regardless. :lol:
I should have stood up for ya ... I knew you were talking about Nevermore when you said the "know more" bit, but like the asshole I am I let it play itself out. ;)

Britt

Has anyone figured out how to buy a 3 day pass yet? It says tickets were supposed to be available for the 3-day pass beginning January 26, but Ticketmaster only has listings for Paganfest, and Testament seperately, and The Pearl Room box office doesn't seem to have much of a clue in regards to 3-day passes.

Britt

Has anyone figured out how to buy a 3 day pass yet? It says tickets were supposed to be available for the 3-day pass beginning January 26, but Ticketmaster only has listings for Paganfest, and Testament seperately, and The Pearl Room box office doesn't seem to have much of a clue in regards to 3-day passes.

Britt

there was a hiccup and only the Sat. single day tix went
on sale on the 26th....hopefully that will be sorted out
by this Sat. at 11.

Hope that helps.

Will - why should I fade away?
I am planning on attending the fest...
There are a handful of us who talk about the fest all year long, for the past 3 years now...
Sorry if we feel comfortable stating our opinions.

I would think that any promoter would be interested in feedback from its festival attendees, be it positive or negative...

Anyhow, no reason why I need to explain myself to you...

As you said....."see you in Mokena"
If I need beer coffee, I know where to go :)

Regarding tickets, does anyone know if they will be sold at Impulse or Metal Haven again?

I despise Ticket Master as any ticket becomes at minimum $12 to $15 more expensive after their BS charges.

I hate Ticketmaster too, first they add on bullshit fee's, but last year when I ordered the 2-day pass from them it never got here, so in the last few days I mailed them to see if they could have the tix held on will call, and they said they would be but when I got there they weren't, so I had to end up spending $50 on top of the $40ish I had spent :/

speaking of which, how is the new store? i have yet to visit it. is it bigger than their old store?

It is a little bigger but more cleaner and more space so stuff isnt all piled on top of each other anymore. Plus it is well lit so you can see everything. parking is great. Never have to circle the block looking for a space. There is tons of street parking. Same set up inside as the old place.

Haven needs to be like TOWER and make a separater card for EVERY band.

Searching through the MISC section for each letter is still a major pain.

We were there for 2 hours, and every time I would look back at a section, I would find something I didn't see the first time.

He would sell a lot more stuff if it were easier to find.

I hate Ticketmaster too, first they add on bullshit fee's, but last year when I ordered the 2-day pass from them it never got here, so in the last few days I mailed them to see if they could have the tix held on will call, and they said they would be but when I got there they weren't, so I had to end up spending $50 on top of the $40ish I had spent :/

DAMN!!!
Yeah, if you need to purchase from Ticket Bastard, best to do it in person like at a Carsons to get a tangible ticket in hand.

Haven needs to be like TOWER and make a separater card for EVERY band.

Searching through the MISC section for each letter is still a major pain.

We were there for 2 hours, and every time I would look back at a section, I would find something I didn't see the first time.

He would sell a lot more stuff if it were easier to find.
metal shouldn't be about convenience, it should be about dedication :lol:

and don't worry, i've spent a 3 hours in there once deciding on CDs. :lol:

Oh, ask Bob.
I am VERY dedicated to finding stuff I want at CD stores.
No trip to a CD store for me is ever under an hour.
we were there once when there was a line of people waiting for the store to open. i can't remember the name of the guy who works wednesdays, but he always has a Nachtmystium hoodie. he said that he never saw people waiting out side the store before. :lol:

we were there once when there was a line of people waiting for the store to open. i can't remember the name of the guy who works wednesdays, but he always has a Nachtmystium hoodie. he said that he never saw people waiting out side the store before. :lol:

Hrmm.. perhaps BLAKE from Nachtmystium?
He used to work there years ago.

If he is into bizarre Russian pagan folk , Bob may know him!