CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008: More Bands & On-Sale Date Announced

Eh...not so much Overkill as maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) Exodus. At least Exodus has had a nice resurgence in recent years...although, still nothing compared to the impact that Testament has.

I cant stand the new singer for Exodus...he is very generic. Testament , Kreator, and Destruction are the few who have the same style still and have put out great disc still.

Exodus have put out a LOT of crap....

Will - Whether or not you like Overkill is not the issue here, and once again, as usual, you are missing the point. Rob made the comment that Testament were one of the only thrash bands that hadn't pussed out. Overkill has remainded true to their craft through EVERY trend that has come and gone. They have barely altered their sound.

I am no huge Overkill fan, though I do applaud them for sticking through. No thrash band has consistently recorded new material for so many years as Overkill. That's a fact that can't be denied...

Kreator would be a close second. Their career is practically flawless, except for maybe Endorama, or whatever it was called.

Sodom would probably be third, though I know none of you give them love... :lol:

Destruction had their share of crap (IE - albums W/O Schimer? (SP????) )

I really dislike anything but old Exodus, the vocals really ruin it. And isn't KReator's 90's years bad?(not including Coma of Souls) My friend said their 92 release was like all their stuff in the 90s and Renewal was fucking terrible.

But goddamn do I love their first 5 and Violent Revolution.

I really dislike anything but old Exodus, the vocals really ruin it. And isn't KReator's 90's years bad?(not including Coma of Souls) My friend said their 92 release was like all their stuff in the 90s and Renewal was fucking terrible.

But goddamn do I love their first 5 and Violent Revolution.

Actually, I didn't mind their 90's material. There was a greatest hits released with the Noise material and then Renewal. Renewal was a major departure from the Extreme Aggression/Coma Of Souls sound and it was a deliberate one. At the time it came out, grunge had gotten big, and they wanted to try and appeal to more people. I think it gets a bad rap. It's not their greatest, but also not their worst (Endorama). The sound is really lo-fi, so it doesn't sound techy, and Mille ditched the high pitched rasp in favor of shouting. The Karmic Wheel (featuring a sample of the Senator Dwyer suicide) and Leaving Europe After The Rain are great tracks. Cause for Conflict was a return to form in many ways, and is a killker record. Outcast is more experimental with more of an industrial feel (predecessor to Endorama). Tommy Veteretti (aka Tommy T. Victor of Coroner) plays on that one, so it's a bit interesting for me.

There's something very surreal about someone named "Machine of Hate" making little ASCII hearts. :lol: :lol:

this is my avatar on the Megadeth Forums (same screen name too)

girl.gif

:lol:

Hey! I know you! Thanks for pimping our fest over on that forum...much appreciated!! :kickass:

And wait until tomorrow...you'll definitely have something to talk about then. ;)
no problem. enjoyed last years powerfest, so its the least i can do. after all, Suidakra is playing after i sent you guys like a million emails saying 'GET SUIDAKRA TO PLAY!':lol: