Dimebag can't shred?

Joonas Lehtonen said:
He thinks too much of himself..

*Thought... which I didn't really see... but I didn't know the guy so i don't know...

But man, he was Dimebag Darrell. He knew he was great... if you were Dimebag Darrell you wouldnt have gone around telling everyone you sucked and been depressed all the time or anything...

WithoutJudgementJeremy said:
*Thought... which I didn't really see... but I didn't know the guy so i don't know...

But man, he was Dimebag Darrell. He knew he was great... if you were Dimebag Darrell you wouldnt have gone around telling everyone you sucked and been depressed all the time or anything...
Joonas is an idiot, you shouldn't be impressed :Spin:

he wasn't that great.

He was pretty fucking great in my opinion. Before all of the hype with his death too. He had a wicked sound, was really original, and made some really great riffs and solos.
what was original about him?

dimebag was a great guitarist in my opinion, really innovative imo, but that video really isn't anything special at all, actually i'd go as far as to say it was pretty lame legato stuff with some tremlo wank shit.

i was, i am, and i will always be a huge fan of dimebags. not only do i think that he was quite the innovator particularly in the american metal scene, but he was also a WICKED cool guy. i got a chance to meet the band a bunch of years back, and he and vinnie were great guys, while phil and rex were douchebags.

he shot the shit with me and my buddy for a few minutes before he went on his way. he was one of the few people out there who actually understood his fame and was absolutely grateful for it especially for the fans that had put him there. he was more than happy to acknowledge any fans of his at any time.

whether you like dimebag or not there is no denying his talent as a guitar player. and that goes for ANY guitar player. if you think he sucked, please, post some of your shit on here thats better. and id love to hear some of the smartasses on here play better than that at the age of 16. Loomis hasnt dont anything special either, except try and look mean and pissed off in every picture taken of him, trying to portray this stereotypical badass metalhead image....what a joke, at least dimebag stayed true to himself. i will give it to him that he is an awesome guitar player but he isnt too special either. neither is alexi laiho. to be a great guitar player you dont have to please everybody, nor do you have to do shit no one has done before.

Jani Laiho said:
whether you like dimebag or not there is no denying his talent as a guitar player. and that goes for ANY guitar player. if you think he sucked, please, post some of your shit on here thats better. and id love to hear some of the smartasses on here play better than that at the age of 16. Loomis hasnt dont anything special either, except try and look mean and pissed off in every picture taken of him, trying to portray this stereotypical badass metalhead image....what a joke, at least dimebag stayed true to himself. i will give it to him that he is an awesome guitar player but he isnt too special either. neither is alexi laiho. to be a great guitar player you dont have to please everybody, nor do you have to do shit no one has done before.
he's good, but he's not any kind of innovative. there have been people on here who say dimebag is innovative, but they can't back it up, they just believe it without substance.