Dimmu Borgir vs Cradle Of Filth

Exactly, which is why do not give a shit about these artists/bands. No music, just controversial image attention seeking people who take shit to seriously. It's no different then mentally unstable people who take movies or video games serious doing stupid shit because they can't tell the difference from reality and what's right and wrong. And then everyone who has similiar interests looks like a fucking psycho tard with no self control who was molested as a child or killed neighboors cats. It just ruins shit for everyone and causes false assumptions and judgement on musicians because they for whatever reason grew up listening to metal music when kids and play it. Metal music especially does not need this shit.

I know what you're saying (I think), but Mayhem have released two really good albums, and Burzum/Varg have done some good stuff too.It's not JUST about image or attention seeking when some of the music is as good as Mayhem or Burzum's best.

Dissection are in the same boat.

The entire Varg/Euronymous thing comes off butt buddy. It's bizarre and makes no sense, being one of the persons is dead a lot of shit is unknown, they were clearly fucking.

Why would someone kill a friend or someone because they think they're a scumbag or wronged them. It just does not add up. I HATE YOU PIECE OF SHIT YOU'RE A LOSER!!!

knife.gif

the real lords of chaos story.

Varg: stop denying me I love you.

Euronymous: WTF dude, I have my own cd store now and am going for the sluts and the fame dude, FUCK OFF. I needed your money for an 8 ball. Fuck your cds and shit.

Varg: RRRAAAH STAB!

Varg: I had to kick that knife out with my combat boots.

I didn't mean that people aren't still interested in the story. What I meant is that many black metal fans used to avoid listening to Burzum. A lot of people found the whole murder thing to be too much for them, combined with the many controversial things he has said or has been accused of.

These days, I don't really know of anyone that is hesitant to listen to Burzum because of these reasons. It mostly just comes down to whether or not they like the music.

And record sales would suggest that many aren't restrained by "controversy" from listening to CoF / Dimmu. Sooo...what's the point?

And record sales would suggest that many aren't restrained by "controversy" from listening to CoF / Dimmu. Sooo...what's the point?

What's the point to what? I'm not sure what you're referring to. Burzum & Mayhem are controversial for entirely different reasons than Dimmu Borgir & Cradle of Filth.

The fact that Cradle and Dimmu sell more records and are more accessible to people outside of metal's underground is a part of what makes these bands controversial.

I listened to Enthrone Darkness Triumphant for the first time in ages last night. I forgot how much I liked it. Riffs are good, melodies are cool, song structures are interesting. Solid album. Better than anything recent.

Yeah, it's pretty good. Sadly, their last good album though.

Really? Almost every person into metal knows the tale. Heck if it wasn't for that fact Mayhem and Burzum problem would no longer have records / sales.

Oh hey, look, a dumb opinion.

Exactly, which is why do not give a shit about these artists/bands. No music, just controversial image attention seeking people who take shit to seriously. It's no different then mentally unstable people who take movies or video games serious doing stupid shit because they can't tell the difference from reality and what's right and wrong. And then everyone who has similiar interests looks like a fucking psycho tard with no self control who was molested as a child or killed neighboors cats. It just ruins shit for everyone and causes false assumptions and judgement on musicians because they for whatever reason grew up listening to metal music when kids and play it. Metal music especially does not need this shit.

Stop being a fucking drunk shit-hustler.

i can find something of worth in DB's albums. but it seems they can never put together a complete worthy album. a best-of from DB put together by a real fan of the band would be great to hear. and not just picking their catchiest 'singles', like a record label would do.

in a live setting, I thoroughly enjoyed their show.

the two albums ive heard from CoF (DaHE and PoEMF, supposedly their two best) didnt do anything for me. in fact, they were annoying.

i still would like to see them live, and it seems they are coming here in the near future with Turisas. we'll see...

Again if you say so kiddo. Let me know when you learn the effects of shock value.:tickled:

Anyways to contribute to the thread, while I have never really enjoyed either, an ex of mine would play a CoF song every once in awhile that at least was listen-able when I ignored Dani's vocals. Therefore I'll have to go in that direction.

two of the most controversial extreme metal bands, due to their subject matter, their images, and their comparatively huge success. each is a huge guilty pleasure to more than a few otherwise reasonable metalheads. simple- which one do you like more? or, if you hate them both, which would you eradicate? i think i like filth more, good lyrics, excellent silliness factor.

both bands also have new albums out right now.
i'd get rid of Dimmu if I had a choice between the two, but i'd prefer if they both disappeared.

Last edited: