Dimmu Borgir vs Cradle Of Filth

Dimmu Borgir sound like the soundtrack to those gay Twilight movies or something like that.

Wow this thread. . . Old Man's Child is fine, if you like Black 'n Roll. Dimmu was good on Stormblast, that's about it. Cradle has one great album, Principles of Evil Made Flesh, as well as a few good songs outside of it like Queen of Winter Throned, Lustmord and Wargasm (II especially), and Ebony Dressed for Sunset, so I guess Cradle wins.

If Dimmu were to be the soundtrack to any film it would probably be a dark musical version of Star Wars. I guarantee they're huge fans anyways.

idk theyre about the same but if I had to choose itd be CoF i was looking at their album sales and thought shit Godspeed on the Devil's Thunder would do better than it did at 11,000 sold uh, I dont know I thought the album kicked ass

Why are they even being compared? Like I'm not a BIG fan of either of them but from what I've heard Dimmu is like black metal and Cradle is way too emo with elements of screamo in some songs. I mean not dissing them or anything. Their vocalists sound way different, as do their guitar and drums. I mean I don't know but I honestly can't find anything that they would relate on, but maybe I'm just listening to the wrong songs or something.

^ They've been compared to one another for the majority of their careers. I have no idea why. You can draw some very general parallels between the two groups, but they are nothing alike.

I'm not sure if you're a troll or what, but if you honestly think Cradle of Filth has got emo/screamo influences, you might want to get your ears checked or learn a thing or two about the music you're listening to...

Why are they even being compared? Like I'm not a BIG fan of either of them but from what I've heard Dimmu is like black metal and Cradle is way too emo with elements of screamo in some songs. I mean not dissing them or anything. Their vocalists sound way different, as do their guitar and drums. I mean I don't know but I honestly can't find anything that they would relate on, but maybe I'm just listening to the wrong songs or something.

Listen to like Nymphetamine - Her Ghost in The Fog - The Death of Love:devil:

they definitely do have some emo elements in my opinion and im pretty sure they had a song that was very scremo-ish, but I just listened to a song by Cradle which was heavier and I guess the drumming in some songs of theirs is a bit similar to some of Dimmus, still think they're completely different tho.

they definitely do have some emo elements in my opinion and im pretty sure they had a song that was very scremo-ish, but I just listened to a song by Cradle which was heavier and I guess the drumming in some songs of theirs is a bit similar to some of Dimmus, still think they're completely different tho.

They call it "blood and roses," it is very neo-gothic, but not emo. Just like Type O-Negative, not emo, but similar, though Type O-Negative at least knows how to make it laughable.

...hardly anyone these days cares that Varg killed Euronymous or said what he said. Even the guys from Mayhem hardly care what he did.

Really? Almost every person into metal knows the tale. Heck if it wasn't for that fact Mayhem and Burzum problem would no longer have records / sales.

Really? Almost every person into metal knows the tale. Heck if it wasn't for that fact Mayhem and Burzum problem would no longer have records / sales.

I didn't mean that people aren't still interested in the story. What I meant is that many black metal fans used to avoid listening to Burzum. A lot of people found the whole murder thing to be too much for them, combined with the many controversial things he has said or has been accused of.

These days, I don't really know of anyone that is hesitant to listen to Burzum because of these reasons. It mostly just comes down to whether or not they like the music.

Exactly, which is why do not give a shit about these artists/bands. No music, just controversial image attention seeking people who take shit to seriously. It's no different then mentally unstable people who take movies or video games serious doing stupid shit because they can't tell the difference from reality and what's right and wrong. And then everyone who has similiar interests looks like a fucking psycho tard with no self control who was molested as a child or killed neighboors cats. It just ruins shit for everyone and causes false assumptions and judgement on musicians because they for whatever reason grew up listening to metal music when kids and play it. Metal music especially does not need this shit.