Dimmu Borgir vs Cradle Of Filth

CoF never released anything even remotely as "good" as Enthrone Darkness Triumphant so Dimmu gets the edge. Both suck. Fuck this shit.

I'm always surprised that Enthrone Darkness Triumphant remains quite a popular choice, even with fans or people who now dislike the band. For a band who is considered to be so cheesy, I would have thought this album would be considered their cheesiest effort musically, and lyrically. But don't get me wrong, I still like the album. When I first heard it I thought it was fantastic but its strong first impression failed to last that long.

And Dani Filth was a much better vocalist live in their early days.

I've actually seen both of these bands live. Dimmu Borgir was kinda goofy but sounded like the albums (this was for the Spiritual Black Dimensions tour). Shagrath could actually do, vocally, what he does in their albums. CoF however could not make that claim. Dani Filth sounds like a hoarse, retarded cousin of Popeye live. He can't even remotely imitate the sounds he makes on the albums. At least they had half naked girls on stage to distract people from the awful sounds coming off the stage.

Yeah Shagrath's voice is shit now. It's still better than Dani's ever was though.

I'm saying one could just as easily apply the same level of criticism to Glen Benton, his contributions to the music scene and his bands so if one is looking for reasons to suggest Cradle of Filth is a joke (or whatever) there's plenty there to suggest the same about Glen Benton and his bands.

Not really, Deicide have produced some classic death metal.That is a fact, no matter what you think of Benton.

CoF and DB on the other hand are just black metal-lite bands, who have taken the music and image of bands like Bathory and Darkthrone and turned it into something fit for girly teenage goths.

Yes it was me and I've already explained why I brought Glen Benton into the picture. You obviously cannot understand anything you read. Nothing was "established" regarding early Vital Remains. You're simply arguing like an 8 year old because you have nothing to say, aside from that nonsense.

Indeed, anyone who disagrees with you and your shitty musical tastes "obviously" cannot understand anything he reads. Talk about a butthurt CoF / Dimmu fanboy. :D

Not really, Deicide have produced some classic death metal.That is a fact, no matter what you think of Benton.

Just because you cannot comprehend Cradle of Filth's music does not mean it sucks. I bet you can't even understand the lyrics that Danny Filth writes because you're either too stupid or haven't been blessed with the intellectual faculties of Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir fans.

Besides, Glen Benton sucks, pretends to be evil, his band Deicide sucks (death metal ? more like incomprehensible blabber), and his side project sucks. Some moron on a message board implied that it's not a side project of his, that he's not even in the band anymore, and that prior to him joining the band, VR released three death metal classics ... but i don't think that's true. Hell, I've never even seen a Vital Remains shirt at Hot Topic.

I hate Glen Benton because he doesn't really believe in the Satanism he pretends to embrace. Besides, he's downright too fucking cartoonish (just look at the inverted cross, or whatever he engraved on his forehead. LOL), unlike musicians like Danny Filth and Shagrath.

CoF and DB on the other hand are just black metal-lite bands, who have taken the music and image of bands like Bathory and Darkthrone and turned it into something fit for girly teenage goths.

Darkthrone sounds like a screeching cat, as opposed to the Wagnerian aura that Danny Filth invokes in his music, of such grandeur and extreme craftsmanship that only a select few (the likes of Vossyrus and this dude) can comprehend. I've never heard of Bathory but they're probably some underground band with shitty production and no keyboards (eeek!) that tr00 metalheads (ie: people with zero intellect) pride themselves on listening.

You call CoF and Dimmu fans girly teenage goths because you're jealous of them. They can fathom CoF's music and lyrics while you cannot.

I'm don't think Cradle of Filth or Dimmu Borgir have anything in common with Bathory or Darkthrone, musically or image-wise.

Just because you cannot comprehend Cradle of Filth's music does not mean it sucks. I bet you can't even understand the lyrics that Danny Filth writes because you're either too stupid or haven't been blessed with the intellectual faculties of Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir fans.

Besides, Glen Benton sucks, pretends to be evil, his band Deicide sucks (death metal ? more like incomprehensible blabber), and his side project sucks. Some moron on a message board implied that it's not a side project of his, that he's not even in the band anymore, and that prior to him joining the band, VR released three death metal classics ... but i don't think that's true. Hell, I've never even seen a Vital Remains shirt at Hot Topic.

I hate Glen Benton because he doesn't really believe in the Satanism he pretends to embrace. Besides, he's downright too fucking cartoonish (just look at the inverted cross, or whatever he engraved on his forehead. LOL), unlike musicians like Danny Filth and Shagrath.

Darkthrone sounds like a screeching cat, as opposed to the Wagnerian aura that Danny Filth invokes in his music, of such grandeur and extreme craftsmanship that only a select few (the likes of Vossyrus and this dude) can comprehend. I've never heard of Bathory but they're probably some underground band with shitty production and no keyboards (eeek!) that tr00 metalheads (ie: people with zero intellect) pride themselves on listening.

You call CoF and Dimmu fans girly teenage goths because you're jealous of them. They can fathom CoF's music and lyrics while you cannot.

Drama queen. :Spin:

I seriously hope you're trolling.

Cradle Of Filth for me, because of all the humor and sarcasm (and the newest album kicks ass).
I also like Dimmu, just not as much as the filthy fucks. The drummer in my band listens to Dimmu alot so they`re growing on me too eventually.

Cradle. Dimmu are kindergarten musicians, they haven't even got better at playing they seem to be getting worse. Cradle is no perfect band either, but their new album is better than the new Dimmu.

I don’t know about you guys but I kind of like dimmu...I love in sorte Diabolo and Death cult Armageddon.

Though I did not like Abrahadabra

Well, I've definitely heard a lot worse than Dimmu, and by those standards I would say they're a 5/10. Cradle is... a 6.5/10 maybe, which is kind of high by my rating scale.

I guess that is a fair enough review, they are not the best but they are by no means the worst.