Dio Disciples

Mikey-Bong

May 29, 2011
Anyone here ever see them? I saw them Friday night and they were damn good! I would recommend them to any Dio fan!:headbang:

Not seen the Dio Disciples but I did see the real thing, ie; Last in Line, last month in Belfast. Great to finally hear those early Dio tracks played by the band that recorded them.

Last in Line can't be the real thing since it's just Vivian Campbell cashing in on the death of a man he talked shit about for 25 years

Not seen the Dio Disciples but I did see the real thing, ie; Last in Line, last month in Belfast. Great to finally hear those early Dio tracks played by the band that recorded them.

If they tour the US, I'll definitely check them out! I never got the chance to see Dio and I've regretted it. Glad there are bands out there paying tribute.

Last in Line can't be the real thing since it's just Vivian Campbell cashing in on the death of a man he talked shit about for 25 years

Yeah, that's right. The man who has made his millions playing stadiums with Def Leppard is 'cashing in' by playing a few club dates with Last in Line.

Last in Line is the full original Dio band minus Ronnie Dio himself. It's as close as it gets.

Let's just skip over the "talking shit about him for 25 years" part then.

Maybe, since he has cancer now, he kind of understands that life is short and there's no need to carry a grudge. Mortality has a way of changing people's view.

Not excusing his behavior, but Dio said some pretty nasty things about Campbell as well.

Let's just skip over the "talking shit about him for 25 years" part then.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Ronnie James Dio, but I think you'll find that it was a two way street here; they both talked shit about each other for 25 years. Have you seen the 'I hope he dies' video of Ronnie on youtube?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of Ronnie James Dio, but I think you'll find that it was a two way street here; they both talked shit about each other for 25 years. Have you seen the 'I hope he dies' video of Ronnie on youtube?

I've seen it, I think Ronnie may have been a bit drunk when that happened. Either way, the whole thing was just sad. I hate when these former band members talk shit about each other.

Yeah, but RDJ isn't cashing in on Campbell's death

Yeah, but RDJ isn't cashing in on Campbell's death

Not to be argumentative here, but do you really think Viv Campbell, guitarist for Def Leppard, is really doing this for money? He can't be bringing in enough to make it worth it. He makes a hell of a lot more playing for Def Leppard. With Last In Line, he's playing small clubs, not arenas. Even if they charged $100 a ticket, which I don't think they're doing, they still would bring in less than his day job.

I really believe that this is just a side project for him and the other guys in the band. Something to pay tribute to Ronnie and give them something to do between their main gigs. I may be wrong, I don't know anyone involved. It's just my opinion.

Not to be argumentative here, but do you really think Viv Campbell, guitarist for Def Leppard, is really doing this for money? He can't be bringing in enough to make it worth it. He makes a hell of a lot more playing for Def Leppard. With Last In Line, he's playing small clubs, not arenas. Even if they charged $100 a ticket, which I don't think they're doing, they still would bring in less than his day job.

I really believe that this is just a side project for him and the other guys in the band. Something to pay tribute to Ronnie and give them something to do between their main gigs. I may be wrong, I don't know anyone involved. It's just my opinion.

I agree, but it's still not "right" for him to be doing this IMO

Yeah, it was a bitter feud that none of them came out of looking particularly well.

It was however, a pleasure to catch that band (last in line) live. Haven spoken to Vivian, I know that the band were making a loss on that European tour, so it is no cash-grab. Also having seen just how much work he put in that day, it was inspirational - considering he was going through chemotherapy at the time. He spent the day dealing with interviewers and fans, and when that was done he could be heard practicing the guitar solos in the venue next door! He really put the effort in, so I know for a fact that he is doing this for the sheer love of the songs that he helped create.