Disco Metal

Pffft. Mathcore > Disco Metal. :p Seriously, what's up with all these crazy genre names for stuff that isn't really all that different?

Disco metal is a great idea. It would be extremely awesome if it was very extreme, like with a lot of black metal and brutal death influences. Same idea as Death N Roll, basically.

A lot of circus metal has disco influence here and there. Is that what you meant? Carnival in Coal is a good example. It's "carnival metal". The best examples of circus metal that have disco influence in some of their songs I can think of off hand would probably be Mr. Bungle and Dog Fashion Disco. Oh how I love circus metal! It is happy music!! :D

A lot of circus metal has disco influence here and there. Is that what you meant? Carnival in Coal is a good example. It's "carnival metal". The best examples of circus metal that have disco influence in some of their songs I can think of off hand would probably be Mr. Bungle and Dog Fashion Disco. Oh how I love circus metal! It is happy music!! :D

Circus metal?
Carnival metal?
No.

No, I meant they aren't legitimate subgenres. If 2 bands play in a similar style, it's not a genre.