Disco Metal

:lol::lol::lol: wtf is carnival metal?!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Circus%20Maximus%20-%20The%201st%20Chapter.jpg

(Good band if you're into prog)

Do you mean bands like Static X? They're the only band dumb enough to call themselves Disco Metal. Everything after the fist song on their first album is utter crap.

My recommendation is to find other music.

This band uses that resource
They MIX some disco with metal and other stuff.

Specially on this song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Metal riffs to a 4/4 beat pattern the standard for Disco, gets used a bunch in select metal
Sub genres. Maybe even too much. I hear it all over Nu Metal. Just because a few bands, attempt to mesh Disco features in to the Metal sound , does NOT make it " Disco Metal". The Metal side of it domimates over Disco side, so the disco vibe is not standing out. Metal was a rival to Disco, and served as a backlash. And Metal wasn't meant to be fused with any rival sub genres. Especially Disco. I compare it to putting Ketchup on Ice cream. Certain things just dont go together. On the other hand, maybe a proper method is yet to be used to achieve the disco vibe and results would be shockingly suprising. But I doubt that it will ever happen. At least I hope it doesn't.

Last edited:
What about KISS??...for those who think they’re metal, ”I was made for lovin’ you” is about as fruity as it gets...more disco-rock really, funny AF nonetheless

Had to create an account to contribute to this. First band that comes into mind about disco metal is Battle Beast. Especially their song Touch in the Night. The guy who formed Battle Beast was kicked out of the band and he formed very similar band later called Beast in Black. Would recommend both.

Also Blessed by a Broken Heart might be something to check out as well?