Discuss the new Katatonia

After going through the album, I really think it's a fantastic release. Like I said in the "albums kicking your ass" thread, Katatonia turned into what Opeth SHOULD have been.

I came to conclusion regardless Opeth and Katatonia have some similiar atmosphere at times and probably having some similair influences in prog rock. That both bands are really not all the similiar. And same goes for people who think Katatonia and Opeth sound like TooL. I just don't hear it.

Katatonia and Opeth have the same 'vibe' on occasion, maybe the same atmosphere, but overall the similarities are not that high. I can definitely hear the Tool sound in a lot of Katatonia stuff, and The Cure is prevalent in some of the older material (Discouraged Ones, mainly).

Is it just me or do any bands that have this kinda balance between heavy and mellow hit a "tipping point" and then just collapse afterwards?

After going through the album, I really think it's a fantastic release. Like I said in the "albums kicking your ass" thread, Katatonia turned into what Opeth SHOULD have been.

lol wat