Discussion on the new Album:"Stand up and Fight"

yeah, I was listening to it...but I fear that link, again, only works in Finland (would surprise me if Yle would make an exception XD) *lauging*

Oh man :(
well, I'm actually happy that I can't listen to it. I don't want half the album spoiled 6 weeks before the release.
I've heard 2/9 songs and I find that enough.

From now, I'm just going to keep telling myself that it'll be better as a surprise. I'm just a little impatient - think that's understandable to be honest.

Try as I might, I'm just not very good at pretending to be from Finland.

Time to put "Stand up and Fight" and "The March Of The Varangian Guard" on repeat... and if the others are as good as they are...

I have a promo copy and I think the album is quite good. I'm not blown away by it but there are definitely some killer tracks to be found. I gotta say my favourites right now are "Fear the Fear" and "Take the Day" - probably the two songs which sound the "least" Turisas of the lot. To my ears there's bascially no metal left in the bands sound. They used to be a metal band which incorporated symphonic, rock, folk etc elements. Now they are more of a progressive rock band that uses some metal ingredients from time to time.

It's a grower though so when my review of the album is published I suspect it will be quite favourable in the end.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly don't want to read any reviews of the new album. I just want to hear it for myself.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

not spare, but copy hahahaha XD

and I disagree. When I heard the album for the first time, and that didn´t chnage after eharing two, three and whatever else, I love it even though it was first this "wtf this is...weird"-thought in my head.

My favourite song, well, at the moment it´s been "The Bosphorus freezes over", but now after having heard a few songs live, it get´s harder because e.g. "Hunting Pirates" is just an awesome live-song - in general it´s hard to pick one song for me, because every song (except one) is really good for its own, in my ears...

So all you folks with promo copies: where are your super positive reviews already? You think you're getting promo copies just to look eleet on the forum? :loco:

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

Mosly... cd reviews aren't uploaded earlier than 10 days before the release of a cd (at least, that's what most promoters and labels recommend)
We upload them a bit earlier sometimes, but it might take 2 weeks before it's there ;)

TBH I only just now started focusing on the lyrics of SUAF...and this is what more or less came to mind:

yoda1u.jpg

lol and sorry, I know it's lame.

@lapin - true , it indeed has.

and for me to be fully honest it´s an improvement with the vocals, you know, as I said, just for my taste- the perception might differ, but anyways...

@Andreas
*head meets desk* :p

Those damn yle links had expired already :mad:

My thoughts so far.

I have only heard a few songs from the new album, but to me int seems like it pretty much takes off from were TVW ended. Both by the letter and poetically, since Stand up an fight seems to have many of the essences found in Miklagaard Overture , but to a lesser extent themes that existed mainly on battel metal but also on tvw. And storywise it have its continuence in the city of bosphorus.

Mayby we'll look back on the three first albums in the future and concider The Varangian Way a amalgamation or at step between BM and SUAF.

Songwise i think Take the Day is really hitting the right notes for me. Then the namegiver to the album, it took some listenings but it has grown on me a lot and i quite like it now. I haven't heard to much of Hunting Pirates and The March of the Varangian Guard yet, but at least the former of those seems a bit cheesy in my opinon.

PS, sorry if my english is sucky :p

@kahvi - thanks for posting, was too lazy to tune it actually when it was on air *laughing*

@Ostrobothnia - dont worry about your English :) which one of the two do you think is cheesy? I guess you mean "Hunting Pirates" but I am not sure XD

@Ostrobothnia - which one of the two do you think is cheesy? I guess you mean "Hunting Pirates" but I am not sure XD

That one yes, not like it is unlistenable but i caught myself thinking this is mayby a bit over the top when i heard it for the first time @ rytmis.