Dissection news

What is the history behind Faust, who did he kill? I love dissections two albums, some of the best black metal ever released.

I am still shocked that there actually people that believe in satanism, and wish to use a band to express their religious beliefs.

Unless I'm getting him confused with another black metaller who's name slips my mind, Faust killed a homosexual man at an Olympic Stadium.

Even if that wasn't the exact circumstance, he killed a gay man basically.

Do we know why he killed the gay man? Was it just because he was gay? If that is the case, it sounds as if faust has quite a few problems with his sexual identity. I am sure these were corrected in prison- im sure he is glad he is not American, i can imagine the scandinavian jails are far safer- more lenient, and are not cesspools of sodomy.

speed said:
Do we know why he killed the gay man? Was it just because he was gay? If that is the case, it sounds as if faust has quite a few problems with his sexual identity. I am sure these were corrected in prison- im sure he is glad he is not American, i can imagine the scandinavian jails are far safer- more lenient, and are not cesspools of sodomy.
I read in an interview years ago (like in 1996 or something) that when Faust was in Lillihammer checking out the Olympic site, some gay man asked him to go for a walk in the woods with him. Obviously he was hitting on him. So Faust went into the woods with him and stabbed him to death. And when he finished stabbing him he kicked him to make sure he was dead. So he says.

As you all probably know, Jon also killed a gay.

Personally I think that if Jon didn't care about the ideology behind the music it wouldn't be nearly as good, as he draws his inspiration from the whole satanic/anti-cosmic thing, thus pouring a tremendous amount of feeling into the music.
Same goes for the early 90's norwegian scene.

SunlapseVertigo said:
Well, prison does rehabilitate and make one look at their lives in a different manner.
Jon was in prison as well though, don't forget.

It apparently wasn't him who did the murder, he was just there with the murderer. But I guess that isn't the point.

I have faith that Jon still makes incredible music.
I don't care about his beliefs,his music and lyrics rock incredibly.

Guardian of Darkness said:
It apparently wasn't him who did the murder, he was just there with the murderer. But I guess that isn't the point.

Jon was sentenced for the murder (manslaughter possiby) and Vlad for assisting in murder or whatever it's called, I think.

Sorath said:
Yeah, do you know the story behind that? All I know is he was with some guy and one of them (or both) killed a gay man. But was the gay making advances on one of them or was it a pure hate crime?

The gay (who was an iranian immigrant) approached Jon and Vlad outside a pub and said they had nice hair etc and said he wanted to know more about satanism,so they told him to follow them home, which he did. He was hesitant to enter when they arrived, though,so Vlad went inside to get some stuff (Stungun and handgun) and they went for a walk, and then they hit him with the stungun but he didn't pass out like they had expected but only started screaming and fighting so they shot him twice, second time in the head (I think) to make sure he was dead. They would have gotten away with it if Jon's girlfriend wouldn't have told the police.

Sorath said:
The gay (who was an iranian immigrant) approached Jon and Vlad outside a pub and said they had nice hair etc and said he wanted to know more about satanism,so they told him to follow them home, which he did. He was hesitant to enter when they arrived, though,so Vlad went inside to get some stuff (Stungun and handgun) and they went for a walk, and then they hit him with the stungun but he didn't pass out like they had expected but only started screaming and fighting so they shot him twice, second time in the head (I think) to make sure he was dead. They would have gotten away with it if Jon's girlfriend wouldn't have told the police.
Wow. So Jon's girlfriend essentially ratted them out. So Vlad was the one that actually pulled the trigger and killed them man? Who is this Vlad guy anyways? Is he in a band too?

No, Jon supposedly pulled the trigger unless I'm mistaken. I believe Vlad tried to stun the man (Josef Ben Maddour, who was algerian, not iranian, my error) and Jon then shot him when he didn't pass out. As far as I know, Vlad is not in a band. Jon was sentenced to eight years and Vlad to 10, Vlad was also wanted for murdering and mutilating a teenage girl, I think.

Sorath has mixed up the official story on a few places, it was Jon who went up and got the weapons and Vlad's gf who went to the police. The 8 & 10 year-verdict was appealed and they both ended up with 10 years after a new verdict in a higher authority within the swedish court system.

All in all, it's all a pretty pathetic story.

Unless I'm mistaken, 7 years is the official maximum penalty for murder in Sweden, so I guess both Jon and Vlad was sentenced for other crimes as well.

Thanks for correcting me where I was wrong, MP-AKK