Votes: 22 59.5%
  • The Odyssey

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackTron

Jan 28, 2006
After seeing the other poll for Accolade 1 vs 2, this seemed natural.

I know it's just a bit silly to make this as a poll question. They are quite different and difficult to compare. Regardless, these are the title tracks for what are considered SX's flagship albums.

So what would you prefer- to feel the power and the majesty again, or to return home and make your dream come true?

yeah these polls get recycled periodically... btw DWOT all the way (dont get me wrong, odyssey rules but I feel DWOT is more masterful lyrically and instrumentally)

HOLY CRAP The Oddyssey is being killed??? Wtf I really didn't expect that. I mean, not only did I pick the Oddyssey, but I don't even like Divine Wings that much... around 15+ minutes is the only part I really like.

- slightly irritated

The Odyssey, easily. One of my favorite tracks of all time. Divine Wings is great and has its moments but overall, I don't think it's all too amazing.

It seems like newer fans will pick the odyssey, cuz they probably bought the odyssey as their first symx record. While we older fans have been listening to DWOT and when we heard the odyssey, we thought, nothing can beat DWOT, heh.

The Odyssey for me.
I think it's more thought and really everything is great. Furthermore it's a bit more varied than TDWoT.

The choral intro to Divine Wings still gives me goose bumps when I hear it. That's the mark of fantastic music for me. However, the intro to Odyssey has got to be one of the most majestic, adventurous pieces that "sets the scenes," almost visually, to the song. It works on another level right there.

Both songs are amongst the most killer, epic, rock/symphonic pieces ever, but I'm gonna go with Divine Wings. It was my first Symphony X album, and you NEVER forget your first time, hehe. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.