Divine Wings of Tragedy X Odyssey

the_satanic_rabbit said:
Hasn't this topic been beaten to death enough times?
Of course it has been beaten profusely. However, if you really think hard about it, it's eerily close to the Lepond versus Miller argument in sheep's clothing. Basically, your mileage on any given album may vary from person to person. Dont like Divine, listen to something else. Dont like the Odyssey, listen to something else. 6 studio albums in all to choose from, one is bound to strike your fancy just a bit more than another.

Glenn

Its really hard for me to chose for both are "masterpieces" in there own right.

It depends on the mood I am in, that makes one seem better some days then others:p .:worship:

The real question is: Why isn't V in this discussion? Here is a list in order of greatness:
1. Divine Wings of Tragedy :headbang:
2. V :hotjump:
3. The Odyssey
4. Twilight in Olympus
5. Damnation Game
6. Symphony X (self titled) [Russ wasn't in it, that is why it is so low]

They both are awesome albums, but I prefer The Oddissey because it was my first SymX album, and The Accolade II brings tears to my eyes every time I listen to it... I don't know why, but King Theoden (from Lord of the Rings) comes to my mind when I hear it :D

excuse me for not replyin to this thread cept that i know for newcomers theyre new topics but for us oldies, theyve been done to death lol. for the record, both masterpieces, cant really compare em.

:confused: :OMG: "Odyssey sounds redundant to me" :confused: :OMG:
This is a joke, right? ;) You ever saw that song live?!
I think they're actually both very good, and I can't decide which of them I like more, but I do know one thing: V is the best! :kickass: :headbang:
(Hey, I'm new to this forum so I can't know how many times this topic has been beaten to death...)

I like both as much but sometimes I find myself skipping some Odyssey songs/parts so I like to listen TDWOT a bit more. And when I start to listen to one of Symx albums, I don't take the one I like most, cuz actually I don't have one, I just take the one I haven't been listening lately.

If I were to make a cd (let's say 10 songs) that combined DWOT and Odyssey, I think it would be:

1. Inferno
2. Sea of Lies
3. Out of the Ashes
4. Accolade
5. Accolade 2
6. King of Terrors
7. Candlight Fantasia
8. Wicked
9. Awakenings
10. DWOT

As for which one I like better, I think my cd shows it's pretty close. :D