Divine Wings of Tragedy / YYZ

benknight

New Metal Member
Oct 1, 2006
Sorry if this is strikingly obvious to everyone already, but I recently came to the revelation that the ending measure of Divine Wings of Tragedy on the Live in Europe 2 CD ends the same as Rush's "YYZ". Possibly the most satisfying thing ever. Anyone?

I actually disagree. The ending of that song on the studio version is so magnificant and grand, while the live version's Rush ending kills the mood of the whole song.

benknight said:
Sorry if this is strikingly obvious to everyone already, but I recently came to the revelation that the ending measure of Divine Wings of Tragedy on the Live in Europe 2 CD ends the same as Rush's "YYZ". Possibly the most satisfying thing ever. Anyone?

I dunno, if anything really resembles YYZ, it's "Erotomania" by Dream Theater...although I admit I like the DT one better.

benknight said:
Sorry if this is strikingly obvious to everyone already, but I recently came to the revelation that the ending measure of Divine Wings of Tragedy on the Live in Europe 2 CD ends the same as Rush's "YYZ". Anyone?

Yes you are 100% right. :)

MorphineChild205 said:
I actually disagree. The ending of that song on the studio version is so magnificant and grand, while the live version's Rush ending kills the mood of the whole song.
I think it works perfectly in both cases. And it's cool as hell that they do a little homage to Rush.

For those of you who say you're not seeing the resemblance, he just means the last few seconds of the song on DWoT live, and the last few seconds of YYZ live.

Edit: I'm retarded and misread a post or two, and had to fix some stuff.

the problem with the live version is, that the end fades to silence/nothing, while being so good (the whole part at the end, with last verse, etc..)

I'm always sad when the song ends and there's nothing after it.
Candlelight Fantasia works against it