The Divine Wings Of Tragedy

TotenMitMacht said:
I think you would enjoy the Fountainhead. It is a book based on a philosophy by Ayn Rand, where it urges everyone to become their own heroic being. The story is in the form of an architect named Howard Roark and his struggle to get along without conforming to anyone's standards. The book is not only a great story, but an intriguing philosophy. The book runs about 750-800 pages, and most libraries and bookstores have it.
And Gary Cooper and Patricia Neal star in the movie.
Just a piece of trivia.

Part of it is based on Gustav Holst´s "The Planets", I believe. ("Mars, the bringer of war", for instance.)
That's what I thought, especially during "The Prophet Cries."

I don't see anything that would resemble Satan in the song.
What about "The gates of Hell - Abandon hope, all ye who enter here."? Abandon hope, all ye who enter here was the inscription over the doorway to Hell in Dante's "Inferno."

Which just makes me think even more that Romeo and the guys came up with their own story by putting together a bunch of different pieces of literature and mythology, like with V.

TotenMitMacht said:
I strongly recommend "The Fountainhead" by Ayn Rand. The book blew me away, and I think that everyone should read it.
If you liked that, you'd LOVE "Atlas Shrugged". Not only is it her greatest work and her greatest triumph; but it's the most self-empowering book out there and I feel the same way about it that you feel about Fountainhead.....tenfold.

Prismatic Sphere said:
If you liked that, you'd LOVE "Atlas Shrugged". Not only is it her greatest work and her greatest triumph; but it's the most self-empowering book out there and I feel the same way about it that you feel about Fountainhead.....tenfold.

Absolutely. "Fountainhead" has been a life-changing experience to many people since its release (~1946?), and her Magnum Opus "Atlas Shrugged" was doubly so. Incredible pieces of litterature artistically, aesthetically, and philosophically.

Wavebreaker said:
Absolutely. "Fountainhead" has been a life-changing experience to many people since its release (~1946?), and her Magnum Opus "Atlas Shrugged" was doubly so. Incredible pieces of litterature artistically, aesthetically, and philosophically.
Oh yeah. She was ahead of her time(like Orwell) and much of that stuff in those books is even more relevant today. You should check out the documentary on her: Ayn Rand- A Sense Of Life. There's just something really heartwarming at seeing Phil Donahue stammer and gush his frustration on a very calm and collected Ayn Rand. T'was very wonderful to watch.