DNB review

D

diseased

came across this

Rex 16

Uhhh.. what? I know this band is greatly revered nowadays, especially for this album in particular, but, really, why? I'm serious, what the hell is it? I mean, am I missing something? I must be. Cuz, as far as I'm concerned, this SUCKS! I mean.. it sucks :) It really does. It's overflowing with cliches, thumb-twiddling boring, frustratingly laughable and shamelessly uninspired. I bought this thing hoping and expecting to be floored, with the praise people were giving it, but instead I was left with one searing question, "HUH!?" And it's not just, uh, you know, me not giving it enough shots, cuz lord o' mighty, I've given it hundreds. I've had it since the spring of last year and it just has not grown on me whatsofriggin'ever. Sure, there are some decent cuts on this horror show, but nothing exceptional. Nothing noteworthy and surely nothing awe-inspiring.
The first several songs on here are so mind-numbingly lame! The intro... lame. "Beyond Within" mucho lame -- "Welcome gayllenium, the falllll of planet straaaaight". "The Death Of Passion"....oi. "I Am The Dog" -- "she was born in the yeeeear of tha dooooogggg!!" OK dude! If you say so. I'm literally laughing here if that tells ya anything(and it should.. should tell you a lot). "Dreaming Neon Black"...what a joke! I'm convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that this "song" is a goof. It must be. "Deconstruction" is where things start actually looking up. Listenable. "The Fault Of The Flesh"...ehh. "The Lotus Eaters" starts out somewhat eerie, but of course turns to shit. "Poison Godmachine" a.k.a. "Boring Slob-a-ling". "All Play Dead" has some sort of semblance of hope. Same goes for "Cenotaph". "No More Will", again, starts off promising, but goes all to hell right quick. "Forever" is... I can't even remember.

So what we have here is an album that goes from coma-inducing mediocrity to plain bad. Nevermore epitomize everything that I think is lame with metal music today: plodding, uninspired, mindless drumming with continual monotonous double-bass, flavor-less hi-hat work and oh-so predictable snare work. Guitar-work that is stiff, lifeless and, yet again, uninspired. All dressed up in the guise of being "technical" and "convoluted". Ha ha! Try again! Bass work that is... well, what can you say about a bassist who only mimicks what the guitarists do? Not a whole lot. Especially when the guitarists themselves blow. And the singing... well, I won't get into that. That in itself is another three paragraphs.

What a scathing review, eh? Well, since the vast majority of people love this album, I thought it only made sense to give a completely different spin on it. Personally, I get bored reading what is essentially the same review of a specific album over and over again -- I need all takes on it. So, I help this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I had other thought's when I first heard it, like it was so soft...considering they were raw power when defining the band, but hey each to there own, hey everyone I doubt, that review would be published anyway...
and I think I know who did this don't we. He is good onmaking fake press releases I give him that. 10/10 for shit stirring. Trh the new skinlab now thats the shits, you have the runs justlistenig to it.
caio..

You really know not to take some one seriously when they start making up lyrics to songs involving words to do with homosexuality or various body functions. Not even worth argueing about.

hey who fucken cares, he probably listen to YMCA all his life...

TRUE LIGHT>>>>I got your message man, ppl around here are too lazy to read your shit sometimes. ITs to the point, fast, and to the point, thats the way man.

Yeah, that guy yreally loves the cd. He beats his bird to the songs.