Do My Paper. I'll Give You Free Beer.

Shadowsaint

Apr 11, 2007
Well, maybe. I just need help with it, but it relates somewhat to metal, so maybe someone can help.

I'm taking this class at college right now on the gothic subculture. I took it because I wanted to learn more about the music. I'm not a big fan of goth music, but I do like the so-called "goth metal," or metal with gothic tendencies/overtones.

Anyways, I have to write this 10-page paper for the class that can be pretty much about anything in culture or cultural studies, as long as it's related to goth somehow. I asked my professor if I could write about certain stylistic similarities some subgenres of metal share with goth (doom - somber sound, black - use of corpse paint, etc.), and why this similarity is important.

I already have 6 pages, and I'm struggling a bit with the rest. I need some suggestions of some metal bands to talk about, or any relation metal has with goth whatsoever really. Anyone have any suggestions?

Well, maybe. I just need help with it, but it relates somewhat to metal, so maybe someone can help.

I'm taking this class at college right now on the gothic subculture. I took it because I wanted to learn more about the music. I'm not a big fan of goth music, but I do like the so-called "goth metal," or metal with gothic tendencies/overtones.

Anyways, I have to write this 10-page paper for the class that can be pretty much about anything in culture or cultural studies, as long as it's related to goth somehow. I asked my professor if I could write about certain stylistic similarities some subgenres of metal share with goth (doom - somber sound, black - use of corpse paint, etc.), and why this similarity is important.

I already have 6 pages, and I'm struggling a bit with the rest. I need some suggestions of some metal bands to talk about, or any relation metal has with goth whatsoever really. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ugh, goths. What a conformist mode of rebellion. Hell, if you hate people, and are a depressive, at least be original about it; dont don black clothes and piercings and crap to fit in with the group that supposedly hates people. What nonsense.

You are obviously referring to the mall-core goths, not real gothic people, right?

"Real" goths represent a tiny subculture with few or any participants in any given location. The 'mallgoths' ARE the gothic subculture, for all intents and purposes.

Ugh, goths. What a conformist mode of rebellion. Hell, if you hate people, and are a depressive, at least be original about it; dont don black clothes and piercings and crap to fit in with the group that supposedly hates people. What nonsense.

The vast majority are really just nerds and social/sexual misfits with a peculair fashion sense and an affected case of the melancholy. Of course, I have always liked black clothing and pale women, so there is, in some cases, an aesthetic appeal of sorts. But I digress...:heh:

The vast majority are really just nerds and social/sexual misfits with a peculair fashion sense and an affected case of the melancholy. Of course, I have always liked black clothing and pale women, so there is, in some cases, an aesthetic appeal of sorts. But I digress...:heh:

I too am very fond of pale woman with long dark hair; oh, and blue eyes and full red lips as well. Does it get any more alluring and sexy than that? But I'd prefer them not dressed in goth clothing.

I agree, they are misfits, but instead of being themselves, they cop out and conform to the standards of the one group that accepts such nerds and misfits (besides the actual nerds, and whatever they're like these days. I know it used to be like Magic card or Dungeon and Dragon nonsense when I was in high school). I suppose teenagers especially, have a desperate need to fit in though, which may explain why someone would attempt this ridiculous goth nonsense.