DO NOT STAY AT THE SUPER 8!!!

TAMAdude082

Erotomaniac
Jul 14, 2007
Chicago
www.myspace.com
last year me and my "posse", if you will, decided to stay at the super 8. we called 2 weeks before prog power VIII to make sure we still had our reservation. they told us that they lost our reservation, so we made a new one, no big deal. we payed for our new reservation only to find out later (after prog power VIII) that we were charged for the reservation THEY LOST in addition to the 2nd reservation. we were charged twice. we call the owner and he says he cannot he can not find our second reservation in the computer (finding the second would prove that we paid, there for he would be forced to give us our money back for the first resefvation) all im saying is its not worth the trouble, the owner is a dick and WILL screw you over, if he cannot find the "lost" resevation, we will bring him to court and we will win

did i forget anything sam???

stay metal folks:headbang:

I stayed there for the last two years. It was two years too many, though. The location was ok, the price was fine, but the conditions sucked. Not as bad as some I've read on the forum, but could have been better.

Hope the Courtyard is a better place. :)

I say shoot em :Smokin: Wing em at least :loco: Seriously we can identify with that scenario. No fun. Just contact your CC company, they'll initiate the paperwork.

last year me and my "posse", if you will, decided to stay at the super 8. we called 2 weeks before prog power VIII to make sure we still had our reservation. they told us that they lost our reservation, so we made a new one, no big deal. we payed for our new reservation only to find out later (after prog power VIII) that we were charged for the reservation THEY LOST in addition to the 2nd reservation. we were charged twice. we call the owner and he says he cannot he can not find our second reservation in the computer (finding the second would prove that we paid, there for he would be forced to give us our money back for the first resefvation) all im saying is its not worth the trouble, the owner is a dick and WILL screw you over, if he cannot find the "lost" resevation, we will bring him to court and we will win

did i forget anything sam???

stay metal folks:headbang:

Something similar happened to me. I made a reservation with them but called to cancel it after I made another reservation at the Courtyard. When I called they said they could not find my reservation which meant that it was never actually made (they had not put it in the system). But then I had my credit card billed when I returned from PP.
Are we seeing a pattern here?

Unfortunately, sometimes you truely do get what you pay for. Certainly we are all under different financial circumstances come PP time, but those choosing to stay at the Super 8 must at least expect some inconveniences, whether or not they actually do happen. That's not to say you can't and won't get screwed at an up-scale hotel too, as many here can atest to.

It's a shame because many are under financial constraints for PP, so saving money on a hotel is a really big deal. Would be nice if a place like the Super 8 wasn't run by a slumlord(or so it would seem).

Unfortunately, sometimes you truely do get what you pay for. Certainly we are all under different financial circumstances come PP time, but those choosing to stay at the Super 8 must at least expect some inconveniences, whether or not they actually do happen. That's not to say you can't and won't get screwed at an up-scale hotel too, as many here can atest to.
Yea, but double-charged or charged for lost reservations? This is a first and totally unacceptable. Roaches are also major lame. I've been nation-wide in low and upscale hotels/hostels and I've only come to expect critters in TX.

Yea, but double-charged or charged for lost reservations? This is a first and totally unacceptable. Roaches are also major lame. I've been nation-wide in low and upscale hotels/hostels and I've only come to expect critters in TX.

I totally agree it's unacceptable. I'm guessing it's one of those things where if you screw 100 people, maybe only 60 of them actually follow up to fix it so sometimes I wonder if shady places like this just play the odds.

We didn't get what we payed for at the Super 8. We were paying at least $100 a night at that dump. For what we payed, things could have been ALOT better. Al and I stayed at a Motel 6 on our way to VA last year, and that place was cheaper AND nicer than the Super 8 we stayed at for ProgPower.

So no, you don't always get what you pay for.