Do the Yamaha monitor´s backlight logo bothers you?

MindMunch

Jan 17, 2011
I have a pair of Yamaha HS50M and they have this bright backlight shinning logo when the monitors are on. It isn´t a big deal during the day, but when I´m working at night the light is piercing, specially as they´re at my eyes level.

2lm9st0.jpg

I'm considering just putting a duct tape over it, but as I doubt I´m the only one annoyed by this I´m curious to see if anyone came up with a more elegant solution.

surely its not that bright....if it bothers you so much id go get checked for meningitis

Well... open those fuckers up and remove the LEDs if it bothers you that much.

I´m afraid I might destroy it, and I may need to sell it later.

I guess I will just put a circle of duct tape over the logo. I´m surprised I´m the only one annoyed by it, when the lights are off they´re like two bulbs blasting my eyes! :eek:

Duct tape? Do you want sticky residue left on them and to make them look ghetto? Just use some black electrical tape or masking tape. Will help with your resale value concerns.

I had a pair for a while, and one light/logo was crooked. Now that was annoying.

Duct tape? Do you want sticky residue left on them and to make them look ghetto? Just use some black electrical tape or masking tape. Will help with your resale value concerns.

Yeah, that one. I thought they were called "duct tape" in english, but I´ve Googled it and realized that duct tape is actually what we call "silver tape" here.