Do you as a metal listener look down upon other genres of music/their fans?

There is this alternative rock station around here called 999 the buzz and it's laughable.

Erm Placebo as in the alternative rock band from England......are fucking complete shite. Belgium?

oops, did I say Placebo? I meant Zornik, they have a few good songs and since we are talking about Belgian alternative, also try Zita Swoon, Hooverphonic and Novastar

btw Placebo does have good songs too, I like the bitter end for instance.

Slipknot is awesome. Their masks are cool and I like how they talk about the every day dilemmas the loner, rebel teen faces who thinks he's original and the only one in the world being a loner, rebel teen.

:Smokin:

I didn't say I wanted to hear them. If I have to go to a myspace page to hear a band, then they're not really that popular. I mean, you don't hear them on the radio or see them on tv or anything.

I do, and dont

i have lots of friends that listen to other genre's, but i hate so many things about the other genre's... their image, oppinions, and music (obviously)..

...but i really hate it when the people that listen to that music, even though i have never made a comment to a person about their music before, they go ahead and take the piss out of my music..

FUCK YOU!

..theres so many things i could say about what i hate about their music, but theres probably so many things they could say back about metal.. but then again, most of them know NOTHING about metal, so dont have the right to abuse it...

..its just as bad when these 'friends' of mine take the piss..

Reactions: Black Core
Selkie: You have a little something on your sig.

Back in the days when I used to listen to a lot of Linkin Park, I heard and read a lot of comparisons between them and Limp Bizkit. I gave their first album a try, and the first very track was as hurrendous as you could imagine. Pointless cries of 'I love jesus'. 'Kill the pollution' proved to be more than just a turn off. The following tracks were nothing to boast about either.