do you care?

I know what you mean..it can reach a point with some points where they should just retire from touring..it can feel like an athelete who has stayed on for one year to long. I think Rob still pulls it off but i'm sure he does struggle on certain nights. When I saw them on the "Angel of " tour I guess I got lucky cause he sounded great.

i think there is some dissapointment when the singer doesn't sound good.

i do care -heres a couple of examples

1. i refuse to watch Heaven and Hell 2007 dvd because of Dio's vocals

2. same excuse regarding Holy Diver live dvd

3. one of my favorite vocalists Graham Bonnet is hard to watch on youtube the last couple of years

but as some people have said- if a band puts on a good,well performed show-than thats worth the price of admission:headbang::headbang::headbang:

i do care -heres a couple of examples

1. i refuse to watch Heaven and Hell 2007 dvd because of Dio's vocals

3. one of my favorite vocalists Graham Bonnet is hard to watch on youtube the last couple of years

I don't know about DVDs (I'm not very fond of them) but IMO the Heaven & Hell concert CD at the RCMH was very good considering Dio's age. When he performed live here in 2006 was flawless (I saw him before in Reno, NV in 2002 and the 2006 performance was better).

Sad about Bonnet, he really delivered for me in Rainbow and I still believe Blackmore should had given him more time in the band.

geoff tate and michael sweet of stryper still bring the vocals but i believe the songs are downtuned a bit but sweet is the better of those 2 right now

i agree dio and hughes are basically dead on. jeff scott soto, ron keel, mike from steelheart, joe lynn turner and a few others are all great singers who have slightly changed their style to avoid tons of highs but still sound fantastic.

cj snare from firehouse sounds dead on to me. i don't think firehouse downtunes yet and this guy hits the notes for sure.

that being said i almost cried when i saw slaughter this year because mark was so bad. it sounds like physical problem that i've been told can be corrected with surgery.

vince neil is bad now and has been for close to 15 years. don dokken is ok in mid range but i agree smoking and drinking onstage is unprofessional

anyways i don't expect the singers to hit every note but if you sound bad i'm not paying to see you again

geoff tate... still brings the vocals but i believe the songs are downtuned a bit

that being said i almost cried when i saw slaughter this year because mark was so bad. it sounds like physical problem that i've been told can be corrected with surgery.

vince neil is bad now and has been for close to 15 years.

Tate on his best days sounds fine, but it's still not close to 20 years ago. Every song is played in whatever key it was recorded at. So if they do Empire or Mindcrime (1 or 2), it's standard, Tribe and American Soldier is tuned down.

Neil sounded great when I saw Crue back about 5 years ago.

Slaughter's toast. Was a great singer but age has gotten the better of him.

This poll reminds me of Tom Araya. It´s a shame he cannot hit the ultra high screams of before. But his voice changes a lot froms gig to gig. I mean, taking dvd´s for an example, in War At The Warfield he sounds awful in some songs, in Still Reigning he´s a bit better, and in the Unholy Alliance chapter II he sounds pretty brutal. when slayer came here in 2006 he did a good job in the first half of the show, but in the second he struggled a lot. If they come back here I don´t know what to expect from his voice (specially on Angel Of Death)

Tate on his best days sounds fine, but it's still not close to 20 years ago. Every song is played in whatever key it was recorded at. So if they do Empire or Mindcrime (1 or 2), it's standard, Tribe and American Soldier is tuned down.

Neil sounded great when I saw Crue back about 5 years ago.

Slaughter's toast. Was a great singer but age has gotten the better of him.

its not age he has a polyp (sp?) aka some form of cancer or growth on a chord

Oh shit, wasn't aware. I'd heard of a bootleg of him I think about 2 years old now and it was a really off-night for him.

yeah he just needs to get it fixed but there is a chance he will never sing again after the durgery...not that he sounds good now though