do you eat/drink too much sugar?

huh

• ya

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • na

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
I called it Pop up until I was 14. I met this dude from New York who was a few years older and looked EXACTLY like the lead guitarist from Armored Saint (which was instant cred in my book). When I called it pop he asked WTF I was talking about. When I said Pepsi (or whatever brand it was) he said "no, dude. Pop is a worthless form of music. You're talking about soda." From that moment forward, it has been soda.

LOL @ the entire south calling everything COKE

It's hilarious going thru the drive-thru at Burger King when they ask what drink you want. "A medium coke" followed by "What kind?". You pretty much have to say coca-cola if you want just that.

I called it Pop up until I was 14. I met this dude from New York who was a few years older and looked EXACTLY like the lead guitarist from Armored Saint (which was instant cred in my book). When I called it pop he asked WTF I was talking about. When I said Pepsi (or whatever brand it was) he said "no, dude. Pop is a worthless form of music. You're talking about soda." From that moment forward, it has been soda.

I even know some people that call it "soda pop"

That map is bullshit. I'm from the south and NOT ONCE did I ever hear ANYONE use "Coke" as a generic term for soda/pop. You mean someone drinks a Mtn Dew and everyone will say he's drinking a "Coke"? The term I've always used/heard is "soft drink," with "soda" coming in second. No "pop" anywhere.

That map is bullshit. I'm from the south and NOT ONCE did I ever hear ANYONE use "Coke" as a generic term for soda/pop. You mean someone drinks a Mtn Dew and everyone will say he's drinking a "Coke"? The term I've always used/heard is "soft drink," with "soda" coming in second. No "pop" anywhere.

More like, if the guy was drinking a dew and someone asked him what he was doing. "Listening to Devin Townsend and drinking a coke." The concept is that drinking soda is such a mundane activity that details are not necessary. Heh, makes sense to me.

Hmm, yeah, I grew up referring to all sodas as "coke." Got over it by age 10 though. "Pop" just sounds silly and "soft drink" is too lengthy. "Soda" ftw.

Who the fuck cares what you call it? Its fucking trash, though I drink it way too often!

Yeah, I eat far too much sugar, but what can you do? You only live once.

Ever since I quit drinking (merely 9 days ago) my body has been trying to make up for lack of sugar. I've never been a soda drinker or candy eater but lately ive been eating Snickers after Snickers and drinking Dr Pepper.

In Ohio, we called it "pop".
I don't know about the Southern "Coke" thing. People here drink something called Sun Drop which is similar to Mountain Dew I believe. With all due respect to the members of the forum, drinking "soft drinks" or whatever is kind of a redneck thing to do regardless of locale.