Do you feel a thrill of excitement when..

dreamwatch said:
What ever happened to TP? I'd forgotten about that guy.
Last time *I* "saw" him it was in a pic posted on the gallery of the IM BB, standing next to the girl who is at this moment considered one of the hottest babes of the IM BB (Pabla Maiden I think)......so I suppose he's doing fine.

MRBEAST said:
i like vxi, but i agree it was a step backwards from X by going a more metal radio friendly less dark route. i didnt have high expectations with bruce returning. the band had been doing the same kind of albums and the same show with different stage sets and a different bruce rant inserted. i was happily surprised by BNW-now we have the dance of drivel and an album even crapier than their previous worse-NO PRAYER FOR THE DYING!

as far as steve and the other guys knowing if they continued with blaze blablabla-that's bullshit! no matter how many times antiblaze folks want to tell their version it's fairly common knowledge now that the band was trying to go public and sell bowie-bonds and their japanese backers suggested bringing bruce back would boister sales. blaze's health problems caused cancelled shows on both tours he was on which wasnt a good selling point. bruce and adrian were still part of maiden holdings so they came back for the big bucks and blaze got a wad of severance pay.

the dod tour didnt sell out in ny or la-both of blazes tours with them were more successful. i think it should be fairly obvious to everyone (except rod...)
that if the band is going to quit touring and only release albums they better rethink their album production before releaseing more crap like dod.

from their own words and actions i think if we see 2 more studio releases from maiden that will be the end-if the next is like dod 1 more will be 1 too many.

Well VXI was a more Maiden direction than TXF but IMO Blaze just sucks in that album. He couldnt handle the more "traditional" Maiden music which was extremely crappy and that is my worst Maiden album.

I remember that bonds story but you know what I think that the decision had to include some fact that if they continued with Blaze the band would be washed up. Bonds or no bonds, the band was going down and becoming irrelevant in the metal world. I remember the VXI show at Universal, it was half empty and most people after the show were saying that all the new songs suck. The dod tour sold out all 3 dates in NY (and even the 4th that they didnt play) and the LA shows were close to being sold out.

I dont know how much longer they will go for but they better make one hell of a 14th album otherwise they better hang it up.

Profanity said:
The X Factor is proper heavy Metal, i'd say it was Maiden's heaviest album. It shows a different side to Maiden as well as new ideas, it shows how much variation they can show in their music. I really thought that Maiden were still moving forward when they released that album but B

could not have said it better myself :)